Eyes please - name of street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes please - name of street

Just reinstalled ancestry sub - phew, not had one for months now. Anyways, Im trying to sort out who Jane Cheal born 1858 apparently to my GGMx 2 is - as dad died before then. But, can anyone please read the name of the street they are living in please.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 08-08-13, 16:44.

Well I've looked at all 3 pages Heather and I still can't be sure. It could be several things but non of them names that seem to make sense. Sorry.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Maynard Road???

Comment

Thanks Chris and Fran. Fran, that was one of the possibles I thought but then on some of the other pages it looks totally different. I will have a google to see if there were any Maynard roads, or similar in rotherhithe then. Many thanks.

Comment

I'm confused. Is Jane Cheal showing on the census page that you've linked to Heather?
          Elaine

Comment

No Elaine, Heather has removed the bit that said she had posted that page because it was clearer but I think she is referrring to a ?? Cheal on page 34
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 08-08-13, 17:02.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

That it explains it. Thanks!
              Elaine

Comment

Hi guys, there was a Maynard Road, rightish place, so may well be that.

If anyone can find the baptism of Jane Cheal circa 1857/8 in Rotherhithe, Bermondsey Id be interested as supposed dad, John Cheal died in October 1856.......... supposed mum, Naomi Cheal, nee Verrall. I cant seem to find Jane's baptism at all. There is a possible birth Sept quarter 1857. If Jane was born say July 57 then John could have been her dad. How sad is that.

Sorry if I confused you Elaine. It did seem clearer on the first page of the road but then I realised it had the previous road name on there too.
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 08-08-13, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post

Sorry if I confused you Elaine. I
                  No problem - it's easily done!
                  Elaine

Comment

If you look at the description of the enumeration district it definitely looks more like Maynard Street
                    LindaG

Comment

Thanks - Ive added a little street map to their tree page. Still not able to find Janes bap though. I am assuming she must be the daughter of John but she must have been conceived within days of his death.

Comment

Working...
                      X