Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampstead and St Pancras newspapers

Hi all

If you were looking for a newspaper article from the 1960/70's in the Hampstead and St Pancras area of London, what newspapers would it most likely have appeared in? Are there any local ones from that time?

Many thanks from an ignorant Aussie

For Hampstead, the famous "Ham and High" (Hampstead and Highgate News). Sorry, don't know about St Pancras.

OC

Comment

Thanks!

Do you know where copies would be stored of the Hampstead newspaper? Would it be the London Metropolitan Archives?

Comment

Felix

Off the top of my head, probably at the newspaper archives at Colindale, but I will check. I'm going out now, so if anyone else would like to look, please feel free, otherwise I'll be back on here late tonight.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post

Off the top of my head, probably at the newspaper archives at Colindale ...
          For info: Colindale is closing in November and some papers are already "no longer available".

Might be worth while contacting the newspaper direct to ask where archives are stored .. http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/home
          Elaine

Comment

Oh thanks! Will do

Comment

I may be totally off track, but I seem to remember that Camden Library in Theobalds Road has newspapers.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Will check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X