Cost of Ancestry subscriptions in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Ancestry subscriptions in Australia

I've just been emailed that my world wide subscription is going to be renewed at a cost of $450 dollars. Is this over the top? Is there a way to get it cheaper as I notice on their web site if you are a new subscriber it's $299.
    Tora

Seems very expensive. I work that out to be about £260-£265. UK Worldwide membership is currently being offered at £155.40

Maybe create a UK account - would that work. Could you take ownership of your current trees using your UK account details?

D

Comment

D
      Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure but I believe they can tell your in Oz and you can't access the UK subscriptions, same happens with FMP.
      I don't put my trees on Ancestry as the quality that are on there now mostly have one source, and it's an ancestry tree.
      Tora

Comment

I remember that some years ago Tora several of us renewed through the Australian site because it was cheaper. Then we logged in through the UK site but could also see the Australian records on the australian site if we wanted to. I don't know if it's still the same though.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 04-08-13, 09:41.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

TWR COMPUTING

Family Tree Maker 2012 World edition - comes with 6 months free Ancestry subscription (worldwide). Postage and packing free worldwide (airmail delivery). Total cost £67.95
          Buy two of these and you have an annual worldwide subscription costing you the equivalent of £135.90

I've used TWR in the past and can highly recommend them.

You can also get this on Amazon but not sure what the postal charges would be ..
          Elaine

Comment

what about Amazon in Australia ?? they do this one with 3 months worldwide free ,didn't look further but have a nosey even 4 of these works out a lot cheaper than the sub and its free shipping

just had another look this one comes with 6 months worldwide
            Last edited by Guest; 04-08-13, 12:33.

Comment

Tora,
              I think they are getting at you and I would check. My renewal in Feb was A 292 or 175 sterling for world wide membership.
              Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

You can usually find a cheap version of FTM on e-bay with a 6-month sub to Ancestry World.

Comment

do they charge much for shipping to Australia Mary ?

Comment

Any FTM World Edition purchase up to 2 years old (i.e. 2011 onwards) should be good for a 6 month free Ancestry worldwide sub. There are no identifying marks on the discs, so any problems can be sorted out over the phone with Ancestry. Automatic registration works best if you cancel your previous subscription and let it expire.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Last year I opened an annual FMP World subscription through their USA site for $59.40 (about £40.00), I read about it being available to UK users somewhere. Did not have to create a new account or anything. I have just renewed after they e-mailed me with an offer for the same deal at $59.99. Maybe OZ users can do the same? I also use Ancestry but no good deals yet!

Comment

Have just bought this on E-Bay for £24.99 with free UK post.
                        FAMILY TREE MAKER 2011 WORLD EDITION with 6months free sub for Ancestry.
                        They offer world postage. You could contact them for a price of postage. What I ordered is not the heavy box set,
                        but just the CD.
                        Matt
                        My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Modem I am pleased for you but very annoyed FMP have never offered me any good deals and I have been with them for a long time ,dont know why they dont do good deals for all.
                          Thats a really good deal Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            do they charge much for shipping to Australia Mary ?
                            I've only had stuff shipped to Italy from e-bay uk, but there's an Aus one too, and there is somebody selling FTM there:

Edit: just seen that the seller of the cheapest one that includes a 6-month Ancestry sub is in the UK, but they quote the price and postage in AUS$ and it looks quite reasonable (about AUS $ 50).
                            Last edited by Mary from Italy; 04-08-13, 17:59.

Comment

Modem, I haven't looked at the FMP Aus site recently, but I don't think it has the electoral rolls or censuses - not sure about BMDs.

Comment

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I will look into them and let you know what happens.
                                Tora

Comment

Originally posted by modem View Post
                                  Last year I opened an annual FMP World subscription through their USA site for $59.40 (about £40.00), I read about it being available to UK users somewhere. Did not have to create a new account or anything. I have just renewed after they e-mailed me with an offer for the same deal at $59.99. Maybe OZ users can do the same?
                                  The FMP World subscription is indeed available to subscribers in Australia.

Comment

I got worldwide FMP last year for AU$59. It was just about to expire and they sent me an email telling me I could renew for the same price.....which I did.

Worldwide Ancestry is $450 here in Oz. I have sneaked through a couple of times with cheaper ones, but if you ring, they will tell you $450.

Comment

FMP offers an annual 10% discount if you renew your sub with them. if you cancel, and decide again later you want it back, i don't think you get the discount. i've been very pleased with my FMP sub. they generally add more records i can use than ancestry.

with ancestry, i know they are expensive for australians, so the FTM cd's are the best bet there for cheaper or free subs.

Comment

I've been looking in Oz but find most of the FTM don't have worldwide, they have England, Ireland, New Zealand & Australia. I do have world wide on FMP but they release things in England that don't seem to come here for a long time. I can't log in via the UK site it has to be through the Australian site.
                                        Tora

Comment

Working...
                                        X