Electoral Registers and/or Directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Registers and/or Directories

Does anyone know of any electoral registers or directories online for rural Linclonshire from approx 1920 on.

I have a couple in a branch line I can't find a marriage for at all, know where they lived, know he died in 1959 she in 1972, have details of her birth, bap, and 1891, 1901, 1911 census, both deaths and burials plus MI, just his burial/MI giving approx DoB. They also had no children.
    Foxyloxy

maybe if you add some names we may be able to help you look?

the only thing I can think of is www.historicaldirectories.org but I can never get the hang of searching that site!!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by foxyloxy View Post
      Does anyone know of any electoral registers or directories online for rural Linclonshire from approx 1920 on.

I have a couple in a branch line I can't find a marriage for at all, know where they lived, know he died in 1959 she in 1972, have details of her birth, bap, and 1891, 1901, 1911 census, both deaths and burials plus MI, just his burial/MI giving approx DoB. They also had no children.
      Thanks,I tried them, but no luck latest they have is 1919.I agree I used to find them hard but have found the site easier to search this time as they seemed to have put a search box in now.

John/Ellen Paterson Morton Swinderby Lincolnshire. I know they lived there him in/up to 1959-Ellen then and up to 196?ish( John died there and I visited until Ellen moved late 1960s) and have been told they lived there WW2 onwards ,but don't know when they moved there.
      Last edited by foxyloxy; 02-08-13, 15:50.
      Foxyloxy

Comment

Try Parish Chest there are many for sale there.
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Don't know any online registers for that period but I have had success emailing the local library to the address and asking them to look for a specified period and that was a London library so had not expected them to find the time - a rural librarian might find it an interesting distraction from a humdrum day!

Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret that is a great idea gold star and a coffee on the way
            Foxyloxy

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
              Try Parish Chest there are many for sale there.
              Cheers
              Guy
              that's interesting to know Guy, thank you.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Margaret that is a great idea gold star and a coffee on the way
                Ta! and good luck.
                Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X