Newspaper London Standard, 1895

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper London Standard, 1895

Hi all im looking for a newspaper, London Standard Thursday 28 November 1895. Apparently there is a letter in there from my 2nd Great Grandfather James Forsyth's lawyer. Iv looked on Ancestry and FMP but no luck can anyone help me find it please?

Thanks

Do you have a name for the lawyer, please, or can you give some indication about the subject of the letter? (Either should help with a search of a relevant site.)

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

It is available on the British Newspaper Archive website, which means it is probably also available on Findmypast.
      Elaine

Comment

I've just looked at Findmypast newspaper coverage and it includes the London Standard 1827 - 1900. However, I think you would need either a name or Keyword to help you search. (I believe you can read the whole of any newspaper, but it would be very tedious.)

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

It is on FMP with the heading Deussen v Deussen

Comment

I have it in 19th century british newspapers. It is very short - I can email if you PM me. The gist is: James Forsythe, the Proprietor of Green's Hotel, Hastings is not the person referred to as on of the co-respondents in the case (Deussen v Deussen, Hands, Forsythe and Gibson) and refers to an article in The Standard of the 18th.

Let me know

Comment

The report on the 18th is about (obviously) the divorce case and the Standard just mentions "Forsyth [sic] was described as of Green's Hotel, Hastings".

However, the Western Mail of the same date states "Sydney Forsyth [sic] the younger of Green's Hotel, Havelock Road, Hastings". Another family member?

Comment

Thanks everyone

Jay i wasn't entirely sure what the article stated Just that it was about James Forsyth and was written by his Lawyer.

Thanks Elaine

Thanks Frazzled, Deussen v Deussen was a divorce his son was mentioned in.

Bertie, Yes!!! that would makes sense Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X