THANK YOU to Congletonian, FMP and Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU to Congletonian, FMP and Ancestry

Thank you Congletonian for giving me the link to free FMP credits where I found a newspaper article giving the birth announcement of a second cousin. I checked the address with 1911 census on Ancestry and it was the same so I had the right parents. then I started tracking the family forward and as one was at Rossall school in Fleetwood i emailed them and they got back to me within a few hours!!!!! saying that 3 of the boys went to that school and when, and what their records showed:- eg school monitor, prizes given etc.
    As the birth announcement on FMP gave the actual date I could tie up this person with his mechanical engineering records on ancestry and then track him forward from that
    Then i put the surname and where they lived into google and found 2 graves with memorial inscriptions!!!!!!!!!!! So the family is coming together nicely.
    So thank you again for helping me and giving me the big high that comes with finding something new.
    Angelina

Oh that's fantastic Angelina. Isn't it great when research flows along like that. Makes family history so interesting .

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Yes and i couldnt have done it without you starting me off so thank you again
      Angelina

Comment

That's brilliant news Angelina :D
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
        X