Georgia C Clove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia C Clove

According to family search, on 8 Sep 1922 William Henry Boulter married for the third time at Fredericksburg, Virginia USA. The bride was Georgia C Clove.

William was 75 yrs old and his bride was 37
    Georgia was single & the daughter of W H Clove and Margaret Clove.
    She was born in Spotsylvania county Virginia in1885.

According to my records, William H died in November 1922 (2 months after the marriage) and was buried in Oakland cemetery, Hampton, Virginia.
    As he was born in Frome Somerset in 1841, he was actually 81 when he married Georgia.

Other than the above marriage record, I can find NO reference to Georgia.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks for reading.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

This may be her. Transcribed on Ancestry as Georgia Clore. 1910 census in Fredericksburg.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Thank you Phil. May I ask who she is living with please?
      Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

There's a Georgie C Clore aged 24 living at Chancellor, Spotsylvania, Virginia with her parents and siblings on the 1910 census. In 1900 there's a George C Clore born May 1883 listed as a son to the same people in 1910 living at Chancellor, Spotsylvania, Virginia with his parents and siblings. There's a user correction to Georgia Chancellor Clore.

The parents on both census are William H (snr) and Margaret.
        Last edited by JayG; 30-07-13, 19:41.
        Jay

Comment

Janet, if you can't get the link Phil has provided, she is a boarder in a family house and works as a Machine Operative in a Shirt Factory.

Comment

Thank you Jay

A very ODD marriage, I think - I hope he didn't tell her he was very wealthy!

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

She appears in several trees on Ancestry as Georgia Chancellor Clore born 15 May 1883, died March 1973 Virginia.
              Last edited by JayG; 30-07-13, 19:47.
              Jay

Comment

I've looked at the trees and none have a source for her death, only one has her marriage to William and none have any other spouse for her.
                Jay

Comment

Thank you Alan. I only have essentials and usually "do" worldwide at the library, but haven't been for a few weeks.
                  I'd better start putting a list together and pop in to the library next week. They are really KEEN for Ancestry to be used and keep a log of usage, so that the library service can bid for further family licences.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Thanks again, JayG - so a few weeks of marriage and then back to the shirt factory.

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
                    X