X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to trace the ancestors of Fay Esther Newman

We start with Lindsay Neville Norman 1911 - 1987
    He married Fay Esther Newman 1922 - 1971

The death record for Fay Esther Newman shows her parents as being Alfred and Deborah.

I am trying to trace Alfred and Deborah.
    I have found a few records but most of them say Louis Alfred Newman, I'm not sure if it's the same guy, he is married to a deborah.
    I keep going around circles and I'm thinking some fresh eyes might help.

I'm hoping to find Fay's parents and grandparents ggrandparents etc I'm wondering when the family came to Australia and where they came from ?

all those questions can be answered by getting their deaths. and their marriage if it occured in australia.

Comment

Hi Leanne,

I think that Louis Alfred and Deborah are the correct parents - unless you are sure they were not Jewish, as Louis and Deborah appear to have been.

There are death and funeral notices for both in the Trove newspapers = http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/re...+alfred+newman
      Their children are listed as Edgar, Maurice, Jessel, Peldje, Esther and David. He died 1935 and Deborah in 1953.

Deborah Solomon was born in Sydney to Abraham and Naomi Solomon in 1883. They died in 1929 and 1946 respectively (from death notices in Trove). It looks like she may have been their only child.

Have not pinned down Louis Alfred Newman arriving . Electoral rolls show he was a tailor. Although his death cert does not name is parents, it might say where he was born or how long he had been in Australia.

The electoral rolls on ancestry for 1943 (which would have been the first for Fay) show that Fay Esther Norman was living in Marco Ave Panania, which is the same address listed for the Newmans (Deborah, Maurice, Jessel and Edgar) so I am now pretty sure its the same family. Lindsay N Norman was in the Army and you can see his service record as www.ww2roll.gov.au - he was absent without leave several times in 1943 !!!!!

Must go to bed now, but this will get you started.

Diane
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Working...
        X