I need help in what to do next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help in what to do next

Hi everyone, this is my first post apart from saying hi yesterday.I have hit a brick wall and I need help tracking down anything on my Gr granddad. James John Beasor B1872/3. All i have on him is his wedding cert. Marriage to Rose Rogers 24/12/1996 All Saints Church Southwark, London.

The thing is i have Rose on every census, from childhood through to 1911 but he is always missing. They have 4 children the last being my granddad, Frank b1905. I have birth certs for 3 of the children plus admissions and discharges from the workhouse and infirmary for Rose and the children.

I also have two baptism records one for my Granddad and one for his brother Frederick. These are from 1905 AND 1906. On one it has address: Newington on the other it has address : infimary, would that be for the child or parent?. Also if James John's name is on the baptism record and occupation does that mean he is still alive.?

Too make it even harder James dropped his first name and became John.

Rose is on the 1911 census as head of household it says she is still married and has been for 14years. It says she has 1 child only, my Granddad Frank. I found the other 3 children in an institution, in Hanwell Brentwood. Poor children from Newington were sent there. She must have not understood the census or felt ashamed maybe to say she only had one child. I have a nice photograph of them all a few years later.
    In the 1901 census Rose was a visitor with her baby daughter, she was expecting her 2nd child. She was still at this address months later as the baby was born here.
    Rose remarried in 1919 it says she was a widow.

So James is a mystery. His occupations were
    a carman and general dealer. His father was called William. I have tried different spellings with out any luck. There is a James John Beezer from Greenwich but i have checked that out and its not him.
    Any ideas, not sure whether to give up but i would love to know where my surname came from and more about James and his parents.
    Sorry to have gone on but i thought more info would help.
    Thank you in advance
    Lesley

first of all think you have put the marriage date wrong did you mean 1896? what was his occupation on the cert ?

Comment

could this be his birth ? James John Beezer in Greenwich Mar 1873 1D 903

Comment

If thats him then he is in The Greenwich Union Infirmary in 1891 a single inmate General Labourer

Comment

Hi ALL Yes it should have been 1896. No James John Beezer is not him. Mr Beezers father was called Thomas william Beezer he died in 1899 my William was deceased when they married in 1896.

Comment

Oops just re read it and its not him is it ?

Comment

well spotted. Thanks for that Val.

Comment

Many people have helped me check the censuses he is not on any of them. Unless his name has been spelt wrong. i have tried so many different ways.

Comment

on the marriage in FMP his name was Beason ?

Comment

Did he sign the marriage register or is it a mark?
                    Who are the witnesses to the marriage?
                    and what occupation is given for the father William?

Have you tried the London Electoral registers for the addresses they gave when they got married?

As regards the addresses on the birth certs it depends where it is written. If it is in the first column that is where the child was born and sometimes hospitals are shown as their street address rather than the name of the hospital.

If the address is given under the name of the mother or informant then that is the address they are living at. Has the mother registered the births?

Margaret

Comment

what about James Beason born Samford Suffolk Jun 1870 4A 606

Comment

Yes another site got that wrong too, i had to let them know. I have even looked for this name. Not heard of FMP is it a free site.?

Comment

its find my past you can buy credits to use it ,so you dont think that birth is him then ?

Comment

Sorry i did reply but didn't send. Yes another site did the same . i had to inform them. Not heard of FMP is it a free site.

Comment

oh yes sorry i use that. 3 times i have tried to get his name changed with them. I'm rubbishing at posting and sending lol

Comment

FMP is Find My Past, not free but you can buy credits.

I wouldn't rule out the name with and 'n' on it as names got changed depending on whether people could read and write and with transcriptions they can be wrong.

Margaret

Comment

sorry i will check that out. i have checked so many over the years i can't remember if i have seen this one. i'l give it a go tonight when i have more time. Thanks so much Val.

Comment

Hi MARGERET OCC. OF FATHER WAS ENGINEER, WITTNESSES HER SISTER AND BROTHER IN LAW. YES HE SIGNED HIS NAME. BEASON IS HIM ON FMP ITS BEEN TRANSCRIBED WRONG.

Comment

Margeret, it was the baptism record i wondered about. Address says infirmary, is that for the parent or child.

Comment

Working...
                                      X