Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free access to 1911 Census on Ancestry until October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free access to 1911 Census on Ancestry until October!

"The England & Wales 1911 Census will be available to search for free from 00:00 on 24th July 2013 until 23:59 on 14th October 2013".

Just a heads up for those of us that didn't know and/or have a free account membership on Ancestry.
    Craig

that's quite a long time.

Comment

yes i was surprised...maybe it was a misprint or something but i quoted exactly what it said...
      Craig

Comment

Does that just mean search as apposed to looking at the results? I guess they think (prob rightly) that the search results will be so tempting that subs will be paid to see them!
        Anne

Comment

They probably realise that searches on the latest census have been wrung dry and are trying to regenerate interest in the web site as a whole. Although I have a WW sub to

Ancestry I have never looked up this particular census on A but used it when it first appeared on FMP much earlier.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            Does that just mean search as apposed to looking at the results? I guess they think (prob rightly) that the search results will be so tempting that subs will be paid to see them!
            Anne
            It means looking at the records as well. I've accessed some 1911 census records yesterday relevant to my tree.
            Craig

Comment

Oh, really? That's very good news then for people without a sub! Well spotted.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                Oh, really? That's very good news then for people without a sub! Well spotted.

Anne
                I received it from Ancestry in their usual e-mail update that they send out every so often.

Yes, very good news for those of us, like me, that just have a free Ancestry account . Happy hunting.
                Craig

Comment

Working...
                X