Was he on board a ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was he on board a ship?

Frederick William Kingsman born 1862 Bermondsey and Jessie Mary Bass born 1864 Hoxton

Married 1887 in Hackney Says Frederick is a Steward

Have Jessie on all census records including the ones after her marriage but Frederick is not with her, she dies in Brighton in 1942 estate proved to Husband Frederick William Kingsman a Mercantile Marine Pensioner

Frederick dies in Brighton in 1947

Cannot find him in 1881 before his marriage or
    1891 1901 1911

have all other records of him

Anybody help thanks

I have a similar one in my tree. He was a ship's carpenter and although I have his marriage, and he is named on the birth certificate of 5 children, he didn't appear on a census until he was in his 60s.

I have now exhausted every source I can think of and have just had to assume he was at sea.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

this couple did not even have kids ?? perhaps he didn't stay around long enough

Comment

Have you tried Googling the name? It's surprising what nuggets of information sometimes pop out, often several pages down the search.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

no I hadn't Uncle John but shall now thanks ,dont know why I didn't ?

Comment

Working...
          X