FTM - Ancestor Report - Second wives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM - Ancestor Report - Second wives

When preparing an Ancestors report in FTM how to you get it to include second wives and their children? Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

It's not possible - at least, not as far as I can see.

Using FTM, I presume the ancestor report you are using is the ahnentafel format. As the description says "the format starts with one individual and moves backward in time to that individual's ancestors".

A second wife and/or children from that union, are not the individual's ancestors.

I think this is where FTM slips up ... badly ... in that the chart and reports are not as flexible as they could be.

I am sure a Family Historian user will tell us it's possible with Family Historian. :D
    Elaine

Comment

Almost anything is possible in FH :p

Yes, FH has 'All Relatives' as one of it's standard diagrams, which does include second marriages.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

Many thanks Elaine and PeteW1959. I did try FH for a while but just could not get the hang of it so reverted to FTM. Pity that the makers of FTM have not got around to enabling a more comprehensive report.
        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
        X