Electoral Register question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Register question

I was browsing this yesterday and came across a couple I know married in 2000 yet she is showing with her Husband under her maiden name up to this year? For what reason would this be ?

maybe she never told the council she changed her surname?
    and if they are both showing up on the electoral rolls i bet neither of them has ever ticked the 'privacy' box on the form we get in september for eligibility to vote.
    Last edited by angelina; 19-07-13, 15:49.
    Angelina

Comment

A lot of women choose to stay with their maiden names particularly if they are professionals as it saves confusion and lots of form filling, there is no law that says that you have to take your husbands name.

Margaret.
      Margaret

Comment

thanks for your replies I always thought you had to give your married name ? and I must say I dont think I even saw the privacy box .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          thanks for your replies I always thought you had to give your married name ? and I must say I dont think I even saw the privacy box .
          No you give the name you are known by. If she also uses her married name she might find it difficult to get credit as they use the electoral roll to check you address but no doubt she could prove it some other way.
          Margaret

Comment

thanks Margaret you learn something new every day even at my age

Comment

Val: the 'privacy' box is really for opting out of the electoral register being sold to other organsiations. but you do haveto look for it and tick the box.!I always do and thats why fmp doesnt have me at all on their electoral rolls.
              Angelina

Comment

Thanks Angelina wish I had noticed that not too keen on people knowing where I live

Comment

Working...
                X