Gramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gramps

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I just thought I'd ask if anyone uses GRAMPS and if so what is it like?

Cheers,
    Lennon
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Do you mean the free software.

I did upload it and it was fine, but I have problems with my sight and found it difficult to see what I was doing, so went to Legacy, which I personally find easier, but I still have a hankering for TNG, but because of personal cognitive problems, am working on Legacy, before considering uploading that Gedcom to a paid for site.

For my own family both Gramps and Legacy allow pseudonyms and name changes and non marriage partnerships. As they are free, have a play around and find the one that you find meets your needs. There is a lot of free genealogy programs out there.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I think I will try that. Thank you for the reply Bubblebelle.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

For the record, I gave up on Legacy a while back. Instead I use spreadsheets in which I can record all details and source citations for each individual in my tree as well as all the sites and places I have visited (successful or not) for that individual (no more sticky notes). This is then captured directly onto my Tree on Ancestry.

Brian
        Brian
        Avatar: My wife and I with the family "cat".

Comment

Working...
        X