Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire birth

Hi,
    I'm looking for a birth in 1953 in Berkshire. Does anyone have an index that covers that time period? Can PM the details.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

Have you checked FreeBMD? According to their info pages they have full coverage for that year

Jackie

Comment

Yes, I picked it up on Ancestry - but it's the parents' names I'm looking for! I'd prefer not to buy the certs.

Comment

FreeBMd will show mother's maiden name, so could you find the parents' marriage from that?
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

The cousin's report of his maternal grandfather's name is different than the only marriage I can find for his maternal grandmother's name, and vice versa for his grandfather's name.

I don't want to buy a cert, but I think I may have to...

Val is helping, too.
          Last edited by PhotoFamily; 16-07-13, 21:01.

Comment

Do you know where the family lived? Perhaps you could get someone to do an electoral roll look up for you?

Comment

OK, he just confirmed the grandfather's name is the one on the marriage I found. Now I need the details of the 1938 marriage in Maidenhead. Does anyone have access to an index?

Thanks
              Sarah

Comment

Might there have been a report of the wedding in the local paper?

Comment

have pmd you

Comment

Working...
                  X