Question for the Wattlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Wattlers

Does anyone have a subscription to the Sydney Morning Herald Archive site? On the Ryerson index I have found an entry for the death of Henri Johan Blume who died in Galston- the death notice was in the SMH on 27 Jan 1978. I had a look on the archive site, but couldn't find anything in the indexes, then found on another site someone saying that the Website for the SMH was pretty user-unfriendly, and in order to find a death notice you had to access the specific paper and then go through it page by page!

All I really want to know is if he left any family. So if anyone has a sub and has some time to kill, I'd be very grateful, but understand if you don't.

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Linda, I hope you don't mind but I have pasted your request over to the Wattler thread and will direct them back here.

Comment

I am wondering whether the SMH is archived on Trove. If this the case it can be looked up

for free . I haven't looked on Trove for a while and am not sure whether the above is correct.
      Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Hi David, unfortunately Trove only have the SMH up to 1954. Maybe the later editions will go on sometime - can only hope! I have since found out that he did have at least one son, born in Indonesia in 1918, but I don't know any more than that.
        Linda

Comment

Can't you ask the Ryerson index for a look-up?

Comment

Mary, thank you so much for that suggestion - I had another look at the Ryerson site and they referred you to the Google Newspaper Archives - I never realised Google had such huge archives of newspapers! Anyway, they had a copy of the issue I wanted, which does mention his wife, 3 children, and says there are grandchildren and great grandchildren! The wife has a very unusual first name, which may be useful.

Thanks again!
            Linda

Comment

hi .. i'm from newcastle nsw ..

looking for any info relating to my portuguese ancestry ..

Comment

Working...
              X