Mark reynolds 1751 northampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark reynolds 1751 northampton

Hi there i have mark reynolds 1751 northampton, and mary morris 1755 earls barton, i have a death for mark on 1839, im looking for his parents but cant find any info on them. There is a member on ancestry who has him in their tree but im not subscribed anymore and im wondering if anyone could look for me please and let me know if they have any info at all. Thanks very much for your help

No parents shown on the public Ancestry trees.
    Elaine

Comment

ok thanks, i vaguely remember a long time ago when i first found the family that they could of been in the workhouse, not sure on that though, how would i find if they were in there? thanks anyway

Comment

can i ask what info was on ancestry please?

Comment

There is an Ancestry World Tree which shows siblings for Mark as follows:

Martha REYNOLDS c: 22 Dec 1771 in Earls Barton, Northamptonshire
          Charles Morris REYNOLDS c: 28 Oct 1773 in Earls Barton, Northamptonshire
          Sarah REYNOLDS c: 13 May 1778 in Overstone, Northamptonshire
          William REYNOLDS c: 31 Oct 1779 in Overstone, Northamptonshire
          Elizabeth REYNOLDS c: 15 Apr 1781 in Overstone, Northamptonshire
          Sarah REYNOLDS c: 21 Sep 1783 in Overstone, Northamptonshire
          John REYNOLDS c: 15 Oct 1786 in Overstone, Northamptonshire

There is an email address shown for this tree which I will send to you by PM.

FreeReg has the baptims for the children born Overstone, which shows parents as Mark & Mary
          Elaine

Comment

thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
              ok thanks, i vaguely remember a long time ago when i first found the family that they could of been in the workhouse, not sure on that though, how would i find if they were in there? thanks anyway
              The baptism on FreeReg for John has a note which says "parents described as paupers"
              Elaine

Comment

maybe that was what i could remember, does thatmean that they were in the workhouse

Comment

maybe that was what i could remember, does thatmean that they were in the workhouse
                  Not necessarily in the workhouse, but receiving parish relief.
                  Elaine

Comment

ok thanks very much for your help, is there anywhere i could look for his parents maybe?

Comment

Sorry, just realised that the info I have given to you are the children of Mark and Mary which you may already have!
                      What you were asking for were parents of Mark!

Presuming he came from Northamptonshire, you could try searching parish registers for Earls Barton, where they were married, and surrounding parishes. Not sure what is online though.

A link to the marriage of Mark and Mary, in case you don't already have it.
                      Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.
                      Elaine

Comment

Been having a look in Northants for Reynolds

Mark marries Mary 11 Aug 1771 Earls Barton, confirms Freereg
                        The only Mark I can find is

Mark REYNOLDS s Willm Elizth 1804 16-Sep Overstone C of E...William being Mark's son I am guessing

Also found
                        Elizabeth LYGO / REYNOLDS d John Lygo Martha Reynolds, single woman
                        1808 07-Aug Earls Barton C of E illegitimate

Can look at marriages too
                        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Hi there. im a bit confused as to who elizabeth lygo is? and martha reynolds sorry im not very good at this.

Comment

just looking on freereg seeing as there are two sarah one born 1778 and one 1783, there is a buriel of an infant in overstone in 1784 do you think this is one of them? confused as to why there would be two children with the same name. thanks for any help

Comment

why cant i find details for martha or charles,

Comment

just looking on freereg seeing as there are two sarah one born 1778 and one 1783, there is a buriel of an infant in overstone in 1784 do you think this is one of them? confused as to why there would be two children with the same name. thanks for any help
                                This is not uncommon, to have two children with the same name in one family. Very often when one child died then the next child would be given the name of the child that died, if of the correct sex. This happened a lot within my own family. I have one Susannah baptised 1833, she died 1834 and the next female born 1838 was named Susannah.

Janet
                                Last edited by Janet; 13-07-13, 14:46.

Comment

doesn't always mean the first one died either. i have two archibald's in one family, on census and passenger lists. i think maybe the elder one was sick around the time the younger was born, so he was named archibald in case the elder one died. then he recovered and you have two archibalds haha.

Comment

haha, the children must of got confused. Thanks for replies. The one that died in 1784 could of been one of them, but im not gonna know which one am i?

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                                      Been having a look in Northants for Reynolds

Mark marries Mary 11 Aug 1771 Earls Barton, confirms Freereg
                                      The only Mark I can find is

Mark REYNOLDS s Willm Elizth 1804 16-Sep Overstone C of E...William being Mark's son I am guessing

Also found
                                      Elizabeth LYGO / REYNOLDS d John Lygo Martha Reynolds, single woman
                                      1808 07-Aug Earls Barton C of E illegitimate

Can look at marriages too
                                      Always a good idea to note names in same parishes, could be family or the people you are looking for as in this time period you would be looking at parish records. Don't know how much you have forward but thought it one to make a note of in case it is one of your family once you start putting the family together.
                                      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

By the way researching in Northants can be very interesting and very rewarding but do be prepared for over the border marriages in Hunts/Bedfordshire and Rutland, with sometimes a return to the original village but not always! Emersing yourself in Northants history will alert you to the fact that there are many prominent landowners like Spencers, Mordaunts, Dudleys, Treshams(1600's) and many others, so a large part of the population of Northants were working for the landed gentry. I have one working as a groom for the Spencers in the 1700's and he is travelling around with the family and a marriage is recorded in Westrminster, where the Spencers had a seat. I was able to tie this person in to my family by finding a Settlement Certificate at Northants CRO.

The CRO at Northants is a mine of information. and well worth a short break to obtain Wills/Marriage Licences and Bonds/Bastardy Bonds/Gamekeepers Licences/Tithe maps of the area/Bailiffs Documents and so much more as well as books on many of the villages which you can peruse before looking at the original registers. Even Free Reg has been unable to help me the way I was helped after several visits to the CRO.

Findmy past also has the main newspaper for Northants now online and is a mine of information for the 1700's onwards.

Janet
                                        Last edited by Janet; 14-07-13, 12:08.

Comment

Working...
                                        X