Twins query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins query

Have somebody in my tree and a contact has asked if I know of his twin Brother who died in infancy? Just found a child born right place and Quarter but different page number ? could this be him ? that one died the following year
    Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 10-07-13, 19:21.

Are the page numbers consecutive?
    Elaine

Comment

no they aren't Elaine ? thanks for replying

Comment

Then I can't see how they could be twins.
        You would normally find they have the same page number - but if one was the last entry on the page and the other the first on the next page, then you would have a consecutive page no.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine thats what I thought.

Comment

Hi Val, I have twins in my tree and they have different GRO numbers. First twin died soon after birth, father registered birth and death. Second twin died a few days later, father registered birth and death. They don't have a time of birth on the certs either as they were registered at different times, and actually when I think about it they were born at the end of June and are even in different quarters!
            Jay

Comment

now thats interesting thanks Jay and good to see you

Comment

Isn't it Val, it had me confused for a while.

Just been and got my file.

Twins born 23 June 1899

First twin baptised 25 June, died 25 June, birth and death registered 26 June

Second twin baptised 2 July, died 5 July, birth and death registered 6 July

It's only by having the cert that you would know they were twins, hadn't realised they didn't get baptised together! Don't understand why the father didn't register their births together.

Hope you find your missing twin!
                Jay

Comment

shall tell this contact that, thanks again Jay so nice to see you;)

Comment

Working...
                  X