Paste - windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste - windows 7

I have always found it difficult to get the Paste to work on my Office 2010. All I get when I try Copy and Paste is a black bullet.

So I am not able to Copy and Paste anything and I have tried using both the mouse and the keyboard. If I open the Paste Icon the only option listed is Bitmap. On my Vista I have two or three items listed.

Any ideas please?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I always use CTRL +C to copy and CTRL +V to paste in all programs, and it works for any file type. No problems in Office 2010 either.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Margaret, can you explain what you mean by the Paste Icon?

I suspect this is a File association issue. So explain step by step waht you are doing and lets see if we cannot find the issue

D
      Last edited by dermotdjt; 06-07-13, 07:32.

Comment

These are the setting for Caop and Paste from my Office 2010 Word (File > Options > Advanced)

Copy and Paste settings.jpg
        Last edited by dermotdjt; 06-07-13, 07:42.

Comment

Hello, Wendy, I have always used the Paste Icon box when copying from another document or the internet. I need to do a lot of lists for a job that I do and it has always worked until now and suddenly it has stopped. I also use the method that you mention and that has stopped working.

Hello, Dermot, Thank you so much for the image and my advance settings are identical so this is all a mystery. I have found tonight that as long as I copy and paste within a word document it worked using either method sometimes. I needed to copy a paragraph from a letter that I typed earlier and trying to copy it to my newer letter all I got was this 'black bullet' and I could repeat it as often as I liked.
          When I press the right mouse I get three options of Paste/Format when in word. I cannot copy your reply from this web site but I always used to be able to do things like that.

Thank you for your reply and I will give more thought after the Wimbledon Finals, fingers crossed for Murray!

I
          Last edited by Margaret N; 07-07-13, 23:32.
          Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret

I suspect your issue is going to be one of those silly little things that will be simple to resolve but difficult to diagnose without actually getting hands on the PC:(

There are ways however of doing this. There are software applications that can be used to give remote access and control to computers. They are often used in the IT industry for remote support, of which I have 18+ years of providing support.

It would therefore be possible for you to install some software, give me access and then allow me to try and resolve this issue for you.

The issue of course is that you don't know me from Adam and have no idea if you can trust me. So the decision is totally yours. I would take no offence and have no concerns if you don't want to do this.

If you are interested however I would suggest a tool called TeamViewer. It is free to use for personal use.

I won't provide a link as to where to find it. If your are interested I'm sure you can find it and see that it is a legitimate bit of software that has been around for a while. I think the current release is version 8 of the software

Drop me a line if you are interested

D

GO MURRAY

Comment

Also might be worth having a read of this

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Hello Dermot, Thank you so much for all your help and the last link was certainly of interest. I noticed also on the MS site that this is a common fault with Windows 7 but hard to sort. I have had my laptop about fifteen months and not used it much but did not have this problem until first a Windows update and followed by installing the Canon Printer. (That is on another thread). What I am saying these are the only changes that have been on this laptop.
                Anyway, I have managed to paste two items tonight but it has taken a while so will continue to slog at Fingers crossed it may sort itself I just feel that is a glitch in the system. I have just copied and pasted this reply into word. When I press the right mouse to paste under this I used to get a dropdown box with three icons in it some they are missing altogether. Will keep you posted.

Meanwhile, I am going sailing for two days and to try and forget that I ever had a laptop.
                Last edited by Margaret N; 07-07-13, 23:36.
                Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                X