confusion, probably wrong person!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confusion, probably wrong person!

i have the marriage of eleanor westwick to richard bryan on 20 dec 1836, upleatham, yorks.
    there are births for eleanor in 1837 and louisa in 1838, at upleatham, parents richard and eleanor bryan.

from 1841-1861 richard b.1814 upleatham and his wife eleanor b.1815 scotland are living in stockton.

what i'm confused about, is eleanor's birthplace. i was hoping she might have been my helen westwick b.1807 guisebrough, yorks. but she is consistent with birthplace of scotland, even though i can't find a birth for any westwicks in scotland at all. from what i can tell, there are two westwick clans: one in warwick, and one in barnard castle, that spread through yorkshire.

any ideas at all? or am i totally barking up the wrong tree?

Is this your Helen?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

and this the marriage of Jonathan and Ann?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

and there's a 2yo Eleanor Westwick, most probably d/o Jonathan (b. 1811) and Ann Westwick on the 1841 census living in Easingwold, Yorks. Wonder if this Jonathan is the son of the other Jonathan - making him Helen's brother?
    Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 05-07-13, 16:59. Reason: added extra info
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

yes that's helen and her parents marriage. helen's brother jonathan was b.1831. he died in 1855 in victoria. wouldn't surpise me if she was related, the westwick grandmother was eleanor.

Comment

Working...
      X