• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a big puzzle

Really hate it when you can't fit together the pieces of the puzzle

My great grandmother.

In our family tree book it has her name as Kathleen M Lynch
    On her marriage certificate it has the same name
    On her daughters birth certificate it has her name Kathleen and age which indicates she was born 1892

I can not find any death record for her.
    My family has now told me her name was Catherine but she hated it so made everyone call her Kathleen.
    I have found 2 birth records in 1892 one for a Catherine and one for a Kathleen, both have a father called Joseph but the mothers names are different.
    No one in my family knows her mothers name.
    There is no death record for either of these 2 people.
    I found 1 death record for a Catherine but the parent names were different.

She married Louis Stanley Whitby in 1921.

The death record at the cemetery where she is buried her name is Catherine Whitby d:1970

The 1892 birth record for Catherine the parents are Joseph L and susan
    The 1970 death record for Catherine I found, the parents names of Patrick Joseph and Maria

The 1892 birth record for kathleen the parents are Joseph and Ellen M J
    No death record for a Kathleen

It's so confusing and keeps sending me around in circles

where did you find the marriage in 1921 ??? as I cannot

Comment

Where in the country did they live, Can't find a marriage for any Louis Whitby in 1921.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

NSW Australia

Comment

Ahh, that rules me out then as I only have UK subscriptions. Sorry.
          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

I think the 1970 death might be the Kathleen you are looking for. The Ryerson Index gives Kingswood as place for both her and Louis

WHITBY Kathleen Mary Death notice 28NOV1970 Death 82 late of Kingswood Sydney Morning Herald 30NOV1970
            WHITBY Louis Stanley Death notice 21MAR1980 Death 83 late of Kingswood Sydney Morning Herald 22MAR1980

Her death registration is given as Catherine Mary, parents Patrick Joseph and Maria but that's only going by what the person who registered her death knew.
            It may not be accurate. Her parents names should also be on her marriage certificate.
            There are several birth registrations for Kathleen/Catherine M which could be her. The details on the marriage certificate could be more accurate.

From ancestry, the last Federal Electoral Roll in which they are shown is 1968 - at 103 Joseph St Kingswood.
            THe ROlls also show they lived in Southern NSW at a place called Rocky Hall (between Eden and Bombala) before WW2 but after they lived in Bass Hill and Cabramatta before Kingswood.

Diane
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

your grandparents birth record says parents were louis and kathleen? get their marriage. you really can't go backwards without getting the records. you may get stuck because there is no information, and the marriage record could state she was a widower, and you've been looking for the wrong name. but if you don't have it, you don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
                I think the 1970 death might be the Kathleen you are looking for. The Ryerson Index gives Kingswood as place for both her and Louis

WHITBY Kathleen Mary Death notice 28NOV1970 Death 82 late of Kingswood Sydney Morning Herald 30NOV1970
                WHITBY Louis Stanley Death notice 21MAR1980 Death 83 late of Kingswood Sydney Morning Herald 22MAR1980

Her death registration is given as Catherine Mary, parents Patrick Joseph and Maria but that's only going by what the person who registered her death knew.
                It may not be accurate. Her parents names should also be on her marriage certificate.
                There are several birth registrations for Kathleen/Catherine M which could be her. The details on the marriage certificate could be more accurate.

From ancestry, the last Federal Electoral Roll in which they are shown is 1968 - at 103 Joseph St Kingswood.
                THe ROlls also show they lived in Southern NSW at a place called Rocky Hall (between Eden and Bombala) before WW2 but after they lived in Bass Hill and Cabramatta before Kingswood.

Diane
                Louis was born at Rocky Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                  your grandparents birth record says parents were louis and kathleen? get their marriage. you really can't go backwards without getting the records. you may get stuck because there is no information, and the marriage record could state she was a widower, and you've been looking for the wrong name. but if you don't have it, you don't know.

I have Lois' and Marjorie's birth cert ( children of Louis and kathleen)

Marjorie born 1923 - Mother Kathleen 31 years old, father Louis 26
                  Lois born 1925 - says mother is Kathleen 35 years old, father Louis is 29

Something doesn't add up

Louis and Kathleen married 2nd April, 1921 at Chatswood.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanne View Post
                    I have Lois' and Marjorie's birth cert ( children of Louis and kathleen)

Marjorie born 1923 - Mother Kathleen 31 years old, father Louis 26
                    Lois born 1925 - says mother is Kathleen 35 years old, father Louis is 29

Something doesn't add up

Louis and Kathleen married 2nd April, 1921 at Chatswood.
                    Did the same parent register both births ? Maybe Louis was not sure how old his wife was ?
                    Often I found that the father registered the first child, but the mother the second and later ones.

And if Margaret was born early in the year of 1923, before Louis' birthday and Lois late in 1925, after his birthday, then the ages for him could be right.

Louis and Kathleen's marriage certificate should tell you their parents names and fathers occupations as well as other useful information. Get a transcript from one of the transcription agents, its much cheaper and quicker than an official certificate, as you don't need it for legal purposes. I use www.marbract.com.au.

Diane
                    Diane
                    Sydney Australia
                    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Louis is born 26th Dec 1897
                      Kathleen is born ? We are trying to work out her birth date.
                      Lois is born 10th July 1925

Louis is informant on Lois' certifcate
                      ( I am waiting on a family members to send me Marjories certificate, I don't have it yet only know the basic details from it)

Comment

Thank you looking at that site now

Comment

Working...
                        X