once again trying to find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once again trying to find

This is my grandmother's family on the 1891 census return she shown as Isabella born 1879 Bethnal Green
    RG12, Piece 261, Folio 129, Page 10

I've looked now on many occasions to find them on the 1881 census return and cannot find them Mum Isabella is actually born in Bristol so not sure why she is saying she was born in Bethnal Green, on the 1871, 1901 and 1911 it clearly shows she was born in Bristol.

My main concern is I cannot find them on the 1881 census I've run out of other possible search names to use can anyone help please.
    GWEN

not having much luck either will have another go

Comment

I dont understand why I cannot find them every so often I look again and come up with nothing it makes me wonder if there are some pages missing?
      GWEN

Comment

Just tried on Ancestry as thought maybe mistranscribed on FMP and only one Isabella Lawrence is coming up right age but wrong area and unmarried.
        Wonder if they were in the workhouse so only initials.

Comment

What is her last name

Comment

I tried that too its Nichols

Comment

Address on baptism of William Albert - 8 July 1877 - 3 Christopher Street
              Address on baptism of Isabella - 8 Dec 1878 - 3 Christopher Street
              Address on baptism of Ann - 1 Jan 1882 - 4 Christopher Street
              Address on baptism of Elizabeth - 8 May 1887 - 4 Christopher Street
              Address on 1891 census is 4 Christopher Street.

... so in theory you would expect to find them in Christopher Street!
              Have looked at the images for Christopher Street in the 1881 census and they are not there! :(
              Elaine

Comment

I see that the family were living in Christopher Street when the two younger children, born 1878 and 1882, were baptised. An address search for Christopher Street, Bethnal Green in 1881 showed occupants in houses from 1 to 12, but no families with names similar to your Lawrence family. Perhaps they were in a house where more than family lived and got missed?
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I did an address search for all the address's they have lived at as shown on the census returns I have found. I looked in Bristol also as I thought they might be visiting relatives.
                  GWEN

Comment

The plot thickens! I just looked at the marriage of Richard Charles Lawrence thinking it might give me a clue to find the family, he married in 1897 to a Catherine Cooper he states he lives at 10 Durant street and Catherine at number 9. Found Catherine with her family at number 9. Was hoping to find the Lawrence family at number 10 but no such luck may be they do not want to be found. Nothing comes up for Durant st in the 1881 census return when you do an address search but if you do a person search Catherine comes up and she lives in Durant st? Looked at the image and no Lawrence family.
                    Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 01-07-13, 15:29.
                    GWEN

Comment

Maybe they were doing a flit and never filled the form in!
                      Anne

Comment

i think they were missed, as it it obvious the street is in the census.

Comment

Working...
                        X