London Metropolitan Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Metropolitan Archives

Is anyone else having problems looking at their online catalogue?

I am going to London next week and want to plan what I am going to look at while I'm there!
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

I sent an email of to the MET Police Heritage Center for help with Robert Phillips but they had no luck with him.

Thank you for contacting the collection, in reference to a past Police Officer of the Metropolitan Police, Robert PhillipsSadly we have had no luck with the search.
    The age of joining the Met would have been from 21, this brings us right in line with the joiners book that we have missing.
    Leaving by the next census, almost certainly says that he did not receive a pension, this would provide a fair bit of information on him.
    Feeling that he left early and moved out of London, or was dismissed and had to look for work?
    Or that he was from another Constabulary ie; Parks, Railway, City of London.
    This would involve a deep search, of which you are most welcome to try out our centre, or at the National Archives Kew.
    Sorry I could not be more of a help at this time.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post
      Is anyone else having problems looking at their online catalogue?
      Just tried it Pete - there seems to be a problem! :(
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, will just have to give them a ring tomorrow.

Lennon, the London Metropolitan Archives are nothing to do with the police, they are, I suppose, roughly equivalent to the County Archives in other areas of the country.
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Oops my bad. I thought it was all the same thing.
          Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
          X