James Holder born 1821 Uley, Gloucestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Holder born 1821 Uley, Gloucestershire

I'm searching on behalf of my Wife her ancestors HOLDER in Gloucestershire.

James HOLDER born abt 1821 Uley, Gloucestershire to parents; Benjamin Holder and Sarah MATTHEWS/MATHEWS. James was in the British Army (as Sergeant) and after discharge
    moved to Australia. have his army papers verifying place/year of birth and parents. He married Martha BOWERING/BOWRING at Paterson NSW in 1861 later moving to Taree NSW.
    Have several generations after Benjamin HOLDER from LDS and need to validate them. Also Sarah MATTHEWS/MATHEWS parents and ancestors.
    Can sks help or suggest sites I may visit.
    Kind regards
    clancam

Hello. Are you trying to go back further or come forward?

Comment

Harrys mum,
      Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to go back into Gloucestershire past James HOLDER's parents Benjamin and Sarah.
      We have a lot of information re HOLDER's in Oz except for Alfred T HOLDER, James and Martha's first born who died in Queensland quite early.
      Hope to hear from you again

Regards
      calncam

Comment

I suppose you have the year of Alfred's death....1875. You can buy the cert downloaded for $20 from Qld BDM site.

Can't find a birth for him in Qld....will look further afield. His death cert will have a lot more info than an English one.

Have the grandkids, but I'll see what I can find going back.

Comment

I suppose you have seen this..

Comment

Working...
          X