pook family,isle of wight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pook family,isle of wight

Am searching for any info. on the name "Pook" which may be a maiden name,( connected to the Restall family of Waterlooville) but resident on the island during the war years.Someone,I believe,had a son born in the 1940`s.I know a lot about the Restalls but it is the Pooks I am researching.I know that a lot of the Pook family also were located in Gosport & Portsmouth.Would much appreciate any help as I live abroad.

Not sure if you are aware, but the Isle of Wight Family History Society have transcribed a number of records, including BMDs, war memorials, MIs etc.
    Certainly worth searching to see if you can find something of interest.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      Not sure if you are aware, but the Isle of Wight Family History Society have transcribed a number of records, including BMDs, war memorials, MIs etc.
      Certainly worth searching to see if you can find something of interest.
      http://www.isle-of-wight-fhs.co.uk/
      Many thanks Elaine.I did not know of this so will certainly search the records

Comment

If you search our GEDCOM names database - you will find a link on the navigation bar at the top of the page - you will see that one of our members has both Pook and Restall surnames in their tree.
        If you click on the member's username you can send a private message.
        Although the member hasn't logged into the forum for some time, providing the email address is still current then an email will be sent notifiying the member that there is a private message waiting for him/her.
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X