1911 england/scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 england/scotland

not sure which census I need as thisperson went from Scotland to blackpool (we Think)
    Looking for an Elizabeth Stephens b Oct 1901 in Scotland possibly Fraserburgh. Her mum died 1909 and we have her fathers death 1950 Blackpool Father is Andrew Stephens and mother was Margaret Anne Crawford. Any help with these details please...Don't have access to either census at home but if I knew she is on English census I can nip to the library to look
    Thanks

Had a quick look at England census and didn't see anything, sorry. With regards to the Blackpool death, that was 40 yrs on and Blackpool was a place people sometimes went to on holiday or retired to, so might not have any bearing on where they were in 1911.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Nothing coming up on a free search on SP for an Elizabeth Stephens aged between 8 and 12.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The only death I can find for Andrew Stephens in 1940 when I put Blackpool is in Crosby Lancashire but he was born 1894, so it can't be him.
        When was Andrew born?

p.s. I can't find a birth in Scotland for an Elizabeth Stephens 1901 - 1902 either?
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-06-13, 09:14.

Comment

ok thank you both. Not sure who brought her up after her mum died so think she may be difficult to find on either census if the details were not recorded properly!!! Often they are hiding with in the household surname

Comment

It isn't by any chance spelt Stevens is it Gloryer? There is one birth showing under Elizabeth Stevens 1901-1902.
            p.s. Not under Fraserburgh though.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-06-13, 10:09.

Comment

Have you got the marriage between Andrew and Margaret

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

On SP free search I am getting possible results for the birth and mothers death under Stephen, both in Fraserburgh. Could that be the right spelling? I'm still not getting that fathers death in Blackpool though?

Comment

I just did a search on 1901 findmypast but not got subscription and I came up with 2 results that may be Margaret. I searched Margaret Stephen b1868 give or take 2 years Scotland and it came up with 2 in Aberdeenshire. Wondered if that may give us a clue.

Comment

I only know 4 th jan 1898 for the marriage of Andrew and Margaret

Comment

Were there any earlier children?
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

there was a sister Maggie or Margaret but not sure what age

Comment

Well the wedding details are 1989 Andrew Stephen (no s) and Margaret Ann (no e) - District St Nicholas - Aberdeen City, Aberdeen - ref 168/01 0043
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-06-13, 21:03.

Comment

In 1901 there is an Andrew Stephen born 1873 Phead Aberdeenshire with wife Margaret born 1874 and daughter Maggie 11 months old, both born Phead. He is a fisherman and they are living at 26 High St Buchanhaven - Aberdeenshire.
                            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-06-13, 21:15.

Comment

If the Andrew Stephen death in 1950 Blackpool is correct, his age at death was 86, therefore born c1864.

Do you have the birth certificate of Elizabeth (Oct 1901) - if so what address is given. We might be able to match this up with the 1901 census.
                              Elaine

Comment

Does Elizabeth have a second name Gloryer? There are 2 births in 1901 - an Elizabeth Johns Stephen born Liff, Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus and an Elizabeth Mary Stephen born Fraserburgh, Aberdeen.

Well done with the death Elaine - I think I've been looking under 1940 for some reason.
                                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-06-13, 21:52.

Comment

In 1901 I can't find an Andrew Stephen born c1864 and married to a Margaret.

Comment

I meant to say Gloryer that I have a few SP credits if you know for sure that a certificate is 'your' family and you would like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                      If the Andrew Stephen death in 1950 Blackpool is correct, his age at death was 86, therefore born c1864.

Do you have the birth certificate of Elizabeth (Oct 1901) - if so what address is given. We might be able to match this up with the 1901 census.
                                      The marriage record shows he was age 34 in 1898 and Margaret Ann was 30. I have the image if gloryer needs it. He was a Fishery Instructor father John deceased, mother Christian nee Whyte deceased. Her parents were George deceased and Ann nee Noble.

Margaret Ann's address was in Fraserburgh but it is difficult to read the rest looks like Broad???

Margaret

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                        I meant to say Gloryer that I have a few SP credits if you know for sure that a certificate is 'your' family and you would like to see it.
                                        I have got the marriage record image now Chrissie so save your credits for something else.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                        X