W.O.Upritchard, Clerk in Holy Orders, Newtownards, Co Down, Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.O.Upritchard, Clerk in Holy Orders, Newtownards, Co Down, Ireland

Searching for W.O. Upritchard, Clerk in Holy Orders. He is the witness on my Grandmothers 'duty of care agreement' between her natural mother, Mary Hamilton & her apdopted parents.Mary is recorded as being from Newtownards, as is W.O. Upritchard.....i'm hoping this will give us a link to a religion or church that Mary belonged to, to narrow down the search.Any ideas?
    This is a link to a copy of the document : http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/433...pl=pid%7cpgNum

Hi Nic still on the mend will PM you with that info you want about the address, Victoria Street, Mary was a Presbytian, Lizzy

Comment

Hi Lizzy, are you poorly? Didn't know, get well soon
      I found all the info, i was looking on ancestry not Ireland archives!!Silly me!!
      The only thing i can't find is Marys address on the original 'Duty of care' document, looking forward to hearing from you

Comment

In Ireland, "Clerk in Holy Orders" usually means a Church of Ireland Rector or Vicar. They are normally listed in Crockfords Clerical Directory. (It can also sometimes be an RC Priest).
        Last edited by Elwyn; 24-06-13, 19:33.
        Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Great thankyou

Comment

Working...
          X