Pre 1841 Census & Pre 1837

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 1841 Census & Pre 1837

For the first time I appear to have made a satisfactory and significant step back beyond the 1841 census and 1837 registration. The question now becomes how do I build the family group?

I have Charles Evennett born about 1787/88 in Waltham Abbey. Census records show
    1861 Age 73, West Ham, Essex, Corn Dealer
    1851 Age 63, West Ham Essex,
    1841 Age 50 (?), Waltham Abbey, Essex

From LDS FamilySearch I have found the Baptism of a Charles Evenet 30 Nov 1787 Waltham Abbey to a William and Mary Evenet. Despite the varition in spelling this seems a very likely record for Charles. Searching further on LDS there are a significant number of other baptisms for childern born to William and Mary Evenet in Waltham Abbey in or about the 1780's.

If I accept the Baptism record for Charles, I feel I should accept the other records as indication of his siblings.

What would you suggest I do to prove this family group?

D

There does seem to be two Charles Evernet born 1787 to William and Mary and 1797 to Thomas and Sarah so if you are sure of the date then it may be worth ordering the film from Familysearch at one of their centres cost about £7.50 to view in their centre with their machines giving the film number and details....https://familysearch.org/search/reco...mber%3A4298752 this is the link to the family at Waltham Abbey......Edna

Comment

Yes, you need to see the parish record - there may be details (such as "abode" ) that were not indexed that may make it clear whether there's more than one set of parents involved.

Is the familysearch offer to copy 5 records per user per month still active?

Comment

Yes they are still active but are taking a while to send the copy out over a month in most cases and I believe they are being slowed down because people are not linking the details to the information needed and are having to search the whole batch for the information taking longer than necessary as here
        Film Number: 1526972
        Digital Folder Number: 4298752
        Image Number: 1616 for Charles born 1787 bapt' 30th Nov.......................Edna

Comment

https://familysearch.org/blog/en/pol...ake-city-utah/ this is the link on how to order the copies needed baptisms , marriages, deaths ect., You need to know all the details before you e mail them and it is a free service at no cost to you if sent by e mail and returned by e mail.......Edna

Comment

Many thanks all. I will look to order the copies from the LDS.

D

Comment

waltham abbey is in essex, go to 'seax' the essex records office website. you can pay for a sub and look through the registers yourself. last time i used it, it was 3.50 pounds for a day's sub. and you can get them for a day, a week etc. much faster than familysearch, and you could find burials.

Comment

Working...
              X