Canada 1921 census on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada 1921 census on Ancestry

Does anyone else have a problem getting into this ?? There is a banner on my opening Ancestry page announcing new Canadian records. When I click on the link supposedly for these new records it's just the search form for what seems to be the entire card database. I finally found the 1921 canadian census bit but when you click on that it's just the boy with the noose!! So frustrating. Am I missing something ???

Hope it's not just me:(
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

I can't see anything listed about 1921 Canada census on Ancestry.com., .ca or .co.uk.

I'm longing for this census to be online as my Dad was born in February 1921 in Saskatchewan and he will be on this census.
    Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 21-06-13, 19:44.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Sue it's the second item down when I click on "what's new" on my Ancestry.co.uk homepage. Yesterday it was the featured "new records" on the left top of the home page.Think the ttle was canadian records.

Liz

Comment

All I have is Canadian Records 1757 - 1921, but I can't find anywhere there where 1921 census is mentioned. :(
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

The 1871 Census of Canada on Ancestry.co.uk was 'updated' on Fri 14 June, as well as 'Acadia, Canada, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection)'

Comment

1921 Canadian Census

The 1921 Cenadian Census will be released to the Library and Archives Canada (LAC) on June 1st, 2013 from Statistics Canada. According to the legislation, 92 calendar years must have elapsed before the census is releaded to the LAC. The records will be transforred to the LAC, and it will opened for public use.

The LAC says that it is their intention to make the 1921 Canadian Census available to researchers online, in the same format as previous censuses, as soon as possible after that date.

It was taken on June 1, 1921

I'm excited too. My Dad went there to live with his family in January 1920 and stayed for 5 years I'm hoping to see them on there
            Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 22-06-13, 08:51.

Comment

Thanks Linda. The 1921 canada census is in the list of canadian records on the index with new/updated in red but when you click on it you just get the little lad with the rope !!!! Maybe it's not ready for searching yet though why have it on the list of censuses then ???

Liz

Comment

They have jumped the gun a bit haven't they.

Hopefully not to much longer to wait

Linda

Comment

Working...
                X