more witnesses help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more witnesses help please

marriage of robert wills and anne stacy in 1800 southampton. susannah ? and harriet ?

1st one maybe Susannah Halsworthy
    2nd one Stacy Hannah Waltham.... just notsure on this one.
    Angelina

Comment

i thought susannah holsworthy too. the 'stacy' is jane stacy, anne's sister. harriet's surname looks like wellandre. certainly 'welland' but is that an 'r' and 'n' or something else on the end?

Comment

just parking this here so i don't forget:

a susannah holworthy was buried in 1837, age 80 b.1757 at st mary southampton. a daniel holdsworth married a susanna watts in gosport 1772.

Comment

.. and there is a Harriett Welland living in St. Mary in 1841 census
          Elaine

Comment

I don't think that is a d at the end of the second name, surely it is a flourish on the y from the name above. If that is the case Harriet's surname might be Willman or Wellman?
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
              I don't think that is a d at the end of the second name, surely it is a flourish on the y from the name above.

If that is the case then I think Harriet's surname might be 'Williamson'
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                I don't think that is a d at the end of the second name, surely it is a flourish on the y from the name above. If that is the case Harriet's surname might be Willman or Wellman?
                I agree - the last section is connected to the Y above, and the "S" shaped squiggle on its side looks like it has been done over the signatures.

I think the name may be Harriet (or possibly Hannah) Welham
                Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Stacy Harriet Welham. the squiggle after her surname belongs to the name above.
                  Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

so harriet wellan(d) or w/i/e/llman?
                    i can see the base of the 'y' can come down, but it does look like an 'n' attached. ot that the 'y' comes down into a 'd' and trails into an 'n'.
                    getting a headache lol

i like the looks of harriet welland in 1841 elaine, it could read wellman too if the 'm' goes up at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X