Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Correction Advice

Hi guys.

My Paternal Nanna's Birth Details give Burham S E rather than Durham South East. Is there a way to correct it?

I know there's a way to do Names as I've done plenty of them but I haven't seen anything similar to what I need.

Cheers gang!
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Presuming it's a mistranscription from the image, when you look at the image there is a MORE tab at the top right of page. Click on that and select REPORT PROBLEMS, -> select Inaccurate information and then submit your reason.

.. or you can do it from the transcription page - select REPORT ISSUE (under PAGE TOOLS section)
    Elaine

Comment

I hope you have more luck than I did - masses of probate records for Anglesey are listed as in Staffordshire and when you are searching for Owen's you need to be able to whittle it down. When I reported this to Ancestry they basically said as far as they were concerned the listings were correct and no further action was needed. So if you live on Anglesey it might come as a surprise to you that you're in the County of Staffordshire!!
      Helen
      Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

Ahh, the image says Durham but it's the link that says Burham.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

If it's a pre-1913 BMD record that Ancestry has copied from FreeBMD, then you can only correct it using the FreeBMD website.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X