William LYDALL where are you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William LYDALL where are you??

I have this family, I think that they are connected, though I am having trouble connecting them, this is what I have:

1861: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=10042322
    Source Citation: Class: RG 9; Piece: 3270; Folio: 71; Page: 16; GSU roll: 543106.

1871: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8767
    Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 4376; Folio: 8; Page: 10; GSU roll: 848088.

1881: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7619
    Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 4389; Folio: 52; Page: 24; GSU roll: 1342048.

I think William dies in between census, though I haven't looked yet.

1891: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8767
    Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3576; Folio: 62; Page: 43; GSU Roll: 6098686.

1901: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8767
    Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 4113; Folio: 44; Page: 22.

I am trying to see when/where he married/died etc.. I cannot find him prior to 1861, I guess he should be Huddersfield in 1851 as some Lydall children are born there in the indexes, although HARRIETT NANCY states she was born in Milnsbridge Yorks, she was actually registered in ADLZ in 1846 so, this may be that they moved shortly after her birth.

any help gratefully recieved, thanks
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 14-06-13, 11:04. Reason: getting facts right!!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

How about this Q1 1846 Newark?

There is Elizabeth Hall and Elizabeth Wild on the page with William Lydall

Newark is close to Lincoln where Elizabeth was born
    Last edited by PeteW1959; 14-06-13, 11:00.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

looking good Pete!! thank you, I have just found a baptism for Harriett in milnsbridge even!.. d/o william & betsy gives harriets dob as 29th nov 1846.. so maybe the ADLZ reg I found isn't this Harriett... [as the quarter is different!!]
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 14-06-13, 11:05.
      Julie

Comment

There's a burial at Huddersfield Minsbridge St Luke for William Lydell age 70 on 20th June 1883.
        Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
          There's a burial at Huddersfield Minsbridge St Luke for William Lydell age 70 on 20th June 1883.
          Moggie
          Brilliant Moggie, thank you.. that is looking like it is him then,

trying to see if I can spot them in the 51 but not having much luck at the moment!!..
          Julie

Comment

ooooh Moggie! that is looking very much like them!! coolio!.. thank you

does that name underneath Harriot say Joe W?? relation? [wonders who the heck he is!!]
            Julie

Comment

does that name underneath Harriot say Joe W?? relation? [wonders who the heck he is!!]

Yes it does with a ditto under the surname. I've been trying to find him but no luck so far.
              Moggie

Comment

Does the W stand for Wild, one of the possible names for Elizabeth?
                Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

Yes it does with a ditto under the surname. I've been trying to find him but no luck so far.
                  Moggie
                  I have been checking the baptisms but nothing is jumping out at the moment..

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post
                  Does the W stand for Wild, one of the possible names for Elizabeth?
                  good thinking, though I have come across a William MEYERS Lydall.. and also a William SYKES Lydall on Walter Lydalls probate record. [Walter being another son of William/Betsy]
                  Julie

Comment

I am in the process of x reffing the bapts and burials for Milnsbridge, I have found one child, Joseph born/buried in between the census. about 1855/56
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      I have been checking the baptisms but nothing is jumping out at the moment..
                      though I have come across a William MEYERS Lydall.. and also a William SYKES Lydall on Walter Lydalls probate record. [Walter being another son of William/Betsy]
                      I have been going through the bapts and I have just found William Sykes LYDALL, he is the son of Thomas & Sabina. have also found a marriage for Harriot and some of her siblings...
                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                      X