Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any knowledge about Freemasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any knowledge about Freemasons?

Peter M W Verhoeven born 1840 in Netherlands went to the US sometime in the early 1860's. In 1864 he joined the Freemasons. On this page, relating to an old artifact he is mentioned as the donor, the bottom half of the page seems to have his history in the Freemasons - was this a fairly standard membership, or did he do reasonably well?

I haven't yet been able to find much about him, although I did find his enlistment into the Army, and a couple of censuses. He seems to have been a clerk in the Health Dept.

http://cdm16287.contentdm.oclc.org/c.../id/148/rec/15

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

This may help with some of the offices held.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

One thing is be proud of him he was in the Grand Lodge as was my husband it is a honour to be asked into Grand Lodge you can not just go to it, Lizzy

Comment

Thanks everyone - I have absolutely no knowledge of anything to do with the Freemasons so all this is very helpful. Looking at those bits in Google books, I think he was more than just a clerk in the Dept of Health, more of a top official. Interestingly his whole family for generations was involved in medicine of some form, many generations of chemists, and his father was a surgeon and obstetrician.

Thanks for that info Lizzy, it certainly looks like he achieved a lot in the Masons.
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I'm told that Masons and Order of the Eastern Stars collect some genealogy information from their members. I haven't been successful in cracking open that door...

Comment

Working...
          X