Merchant Navy Look-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Navy Look-up

I wonder if sks could look up two Merchant Navy Seaman transcriptions for me on FMP so I can get an idea of what information is contained there - I suspect not very much as there is no original image.

They are both for John DOLAGHAN as follows:

(1) Born 1829 Newry, Down
    (2) Born 1831 Glasgow

I am also interested in the SOURCE of the records so I can investigate more fully if one of these seems right.

Thanks for any help

There is a John Dolaghan born about 1830 in 1861 Census born Ireland, resident at Glagow College he is a Merchant Seaman. 41 Vennel Street,Lizzy

Comment

Yes - that is the chap I am looking for. I hope the merchant navy transcripts can give more information

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
        Yes - that is the chap I am looking for. I hope the merchant navy transcripts can give more information
        There is an image and it shows date of birth 29 May 1829, Newry, Down. It says he went to sea in 1846 as an apprentice. It gives physical description of him.
        and his last abode was Glasgow.
        Let me have your email address if you want the image.
        Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 11-06-13, 13:08.

Comment

Thanks Margaret - will PM you!

Comment

The other one born Glasgow - the image is a record of the voyages done and it has two entries in the age column 23 & 26!

Might still be your man but incorrect place of birth.

Margaret

Comment

Have PM'd you - had a similar thought so would appreciate that record too

Comment

I've replied by email.
                Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X