X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site Military records

Well, I think its sort of new.

Received following email:

We are pleased to announce Forces War Records has purchased the largest British genealogy forum online at http://www.british-genealogy.com

Seems could but you have to sub, I only did a random search.

Heather, not sure if you are referring to Forces War Records or British Genealogy when you say it's a possible new site.
    Both have been going for a while now, BG forum certainly started well before FTF!

Re Forces War Records, we've had a few threads about this recently, here's a couple which might be of interest ..

Elaine

Comment

I saw the advert on the TV the other night for it... it was very er, how do you say it, reminiscent of Ancestry... with the way it was laid out etc.. nice to see though that things are getting some airtime now..
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

No Elaine - I knew about those sites long ago but as I said, I received a mail saying that they had combined their resources - anyway, thought Id share.

Comment

Sorry Heather, misunderstood you.
          Yes it was news to me that they had combined!
          Elaine

Comment

Presumably the site will now no longer be free but one will have to pay for any records. Progress !:(
            Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy View Post
              Presumably the site will now no longer be free but one will have to pay for any records. Progress !:(
              It still says Everything here is FREE! on the BG website.......... but I agree with you we will see
              Foxyloxy

Comment

Ancestry has some new records for British servicemen who served in Canada.

I've had a look and couldn't find any of the 3 I know served there during 1840 -1860's

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
                X