9 Halford rd Fulham 1891 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Halford rd Fulham 1891 census

Trying to find my grandmother and family in the 1891 census so far no luck, have just found her at school
    with her sister 1890 Halford rd School Fulham

Sarah Barton birth 29/9/1884

Harriet Barton birth 24/8/1881

Father William Barton address 9 Halford rd Fulham

Have Sarah in the 1901 census address Orchard place Fulham, with her mother who is shown as married and her siblings but no father and I can not find a death for him.

Any help or clues where to look would be most appreciated.

Annabel

Just found 9 Halford rd Fulham census they where not living there
    Last edited by annabel; 10-06-13, 03:54.

Presume this is the 1901 census you are referring to ...

RG13; Piece: 64; Folio: 71; Page: 36

Bit of a difference with the ages for the girls on this one!
    Elaine

Comment

There is a baptism on the LMA records on Ancestry for Florence Barton -
      baptised 4 Sept 1889 - parents William & Sarah - address 11 Orchard Place - same address as the 1901 census.
      Elaine

Comment

If you look through the census pages it appears that Orchard Place is near Mulgrave Road.
        On the National Archives street directory for the 1891 census there is no mention of Orchard Place and parts of Mulgrove Road are apparently missing.
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
          on the original 1901 census Sarah is 17 not 19 ,found out about the missing census pages for Orchard place 1891, was hoping they lived at halford rd but must be wrong address on the school records, thanks for your interest.

Annabel

Comment

dont know what you do have ? but in 1881 think this is them

There is a marriage for a William Barton and a Sarah Elizabeth Willis in Jun 1879

looks like William was a Horse Keeper born in Boston Lincolnshire and Sarah was born in Easthampstead Berkshire not Fulham ?

Comment

they are hard to find ? lots of people have them in their tree but nobody seems to know what happened to the parents ?

Comment

this is William and Sarahs marriage
                http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/16...l=ReturnRecord

Comment

Hi Val
                  William Barton and Sarah Willis were my great grandparents, I have Sarah's death cert she died 1942 in Oxfordshire at my grandmothers her daughter Sarah who married William Cooper ,

can not trace a death for William Barton, on his son Charles wedding cert in 1904 he is listed as a master builder his wife's father is listed as deceased,

S E Barton was a witness, I have the Barton tree, certs, and census records apart from the 1891 which is missing for William Sarah and family

Thank you Annabel

Comment

so you dont know if Sarah Elizabeth Barton the Mother or the Daughter was the witness on Charles Marriage Cert ? is my other info correct ?? am not having much luck sorry

Comment

Hi Val
                      Sarah E Barton Charles's mother was the witness on the marriage certificate in 1904 as my grand mother Sarah Elizabeth Barton married William Cooper in 1902.

Charles went to Canada, I know what happened to the rest of his siblings

William Barton's death is my brick wall, on the 1901 census Sarah said she was married, can not pin her down in the 1911 census

Annabel
                      Last edited by annabel; 12-06-13, 00:50.

Comment

I have some where they say married but their partner is dead ? I have been trying to find more on either of them but not had any luck, will have another go though.

Comment

This family research is not easy, have different years of birth and different surnames in some of my trees, took me years to trace my late father in-laws birth it seems his mother was married before but the children from her first marriage took the surname of her second husband, her first husband just vanished can not find a death for him, so many brick walls some times think of giving up but I do not.

Ann

Comment

Working...
                          X