Opening files created on FTM 2011 with FTM 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening files created on FTM 2011 with FTM 2008

A cousin has sent me a file he created on his FTM 2011, but I only have FTM 2008. Is there a way I can open this file please or do I have to buy 2011?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Unfortunately it is not backward compatible. You can only open it in either 2011 or 2012.

If you ask him to resend it in a GEDCOM format - you will then be able to open it in 2008.

If it's any help, I have 2011 and 2012 on my computers so you could send it to me by email and I'll convert to GEDCOM for you. Let me know!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. This is the first genealogical contact I have had with him (after first meeting him at a family funeral 18 months ago) after he apparently told other family members I was just a name collector who copied other family members research and didn't give anything back!

I obviously don't want to upset him, but I'm longing to see how much of his research tallies with mine. I would very much appreciate it if you could convert the file to GEDCOM for me. Thank you.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I'll send you a PM with my email address.
        Elaine

Comment

Thank you so much Elaine for converting the files for me.
          I'm just ploughing through all this 'new' research information. I may be some time ;)

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Working...
          X