Ancestry not working on Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry not working on Chrome

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I cannot get Ancestry to work on Google Chrome browser. Nothing happens. Home page appears but it wont let me log in or make searches. Details just don't register. However if I open Internet Explorer I can log in and search with no problems.

Just wondered if anyone else was having similar problems.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

I can get in on Chrome but the pages are taking ages to turn,so gone back to IE for now

Comment

i use firefox, it works fine on that.

Comment

It's working fine on chrome for me - perhaps it was the server that was causing an issue.
        Margaret

Comment

I use chrome and it has been fine for me, though, I have noticed that as Ancestry are making changes [again]!! so maybe it was this that was causing the 'blips'.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Good Morning everyone. Its still not working on Chrome for me this morning. Just pleased it does work on IE.

Lovely sunny day here in Co. Durham. Have a great weekend.
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

it might be that you need to 'allow' the site within Chrome, goto settings then on startup.. 'open a specific set of pages' then 'set pages' in there you can add urls so when you open up chrome it will open those pages automatically for you.
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                it might be that you need to 'allow' the site within Chrome, goto settings then on startup.. 'open a specific set of pages' then 'set pages' in there you can add urls so when you open up chrome it will open those pages automatically for you.
                Eh??? can you say that slowly please Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  Eh??? can you say that slowly please Julie

if you look to the top right corner [in Chrome] you will see 3 lines, click on that, on the menu goto 'Settings' [near the bottom] and then follow the other instructions
                  Julie

Comment

thanks Julie did it

Comment

Just returned to do some family history research and Ancestry is still not working on Google Chrome. Works OK with IE. Can't understand this. Until earlier in the year I had no problem using Chrome. Have not changed any settings, so wonder what is going wrong. Did try Dark Secretes suggestions but all that did was to make Ancestry open first on Chrome but still could not log on.

Any more suggestions please.
                      Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Which antivirus are you using Linda?
                        Elaine

Comment

I've been having trouble opening up the original census images as well.
                          Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Linda, if you are using AVG as your antivirus, do you have an extension "AVG Do Not Track" enabled.
                            If so, disable the extension and try Ancestry again. There are some reports that this extension "doesn't like" Ancestry - or Ancestry "doesn't like" the extension!
                            Elaine

Comment

I use Chrome and Ancestry all the time. Haven't noticed any problems.
                              Anne

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 11-07-13, 21:11.

Comment

Have you tried the basic viewer and not the advanced one ?

Comment

Hello - Thank you for responding. I use Microsoft Security Essentials.

I can get Ancestry.co.uk home page but when I click on login the drop down box to enter my details doesnt drop down. My click is ignored. So I dont get the chance to use any of the views.

Works OK on Internet Explorer.
                                    Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Is your browser zoom set at 100% ?
                                      Elaine

Comment

I use MS essentials too with Chrome and have no issues with Ancestry opening up using it etc... might it be that you are trying to log into a cached page?? [try holding Ctrl+delete at the same time to 'force' a page refresh to ancestry]

failing that, may be that you need to contact Ancestry Help so they can advise...
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X