Freeman, St Martin Orgar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeman, St Martin Orgar

I need to work BACKWARDS from this couple, but I've listed the children I think are theirs (another opinion appreciated).

There's a marriage of Ann Maria RUSSELL to Charles FREEMAN in 1793. She's listed as a widow, but I'm reasonably certain that's an error. The marriage is in St Andrew, Holborn - she's "of the parish", he of St Martin Orgar. By License.

Maria Judith FREEMAN born 1796, St Martin, Orgar; there are three other Freeman children probably born to the family, baptisms on Ancestry:
    Joseph, 1794, Eliza 1798, Mary, 1803.

There's a Dr WIlliam's Library Birth registration for Mary. Mary's maternal grandfather is listed - John RUSSELL

I think the baptism of Ann Maria RUSSELL was in 1776 in St Andrew, Holborn, to John & Elizabeth Russell. That's less certain than the previous records.

Does anyone see a likely marriage for John & Elizabeth? I have one I like, but nothing with real foothold.

Also interested in the births of John Russell and Charles Freeman (the latter is the groom from the first marriage).

Thanks!
    Sarah
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 05-06-13, 04:39.

He also is a widower.Must be her sister Elizabeth as one of the witnesses,still looking,lizzy

Comment

Yes, Elizabeth Russell, and the Birth Registration of Mary Freeman lists the father as John Russell of Wych St - I really felt the PR entry of WIDOW was mistaken.

I did find it odd that they named the first girl Maria, and the last one Mary. I am reasonably certain that the first one did survive - the DOB matches a death certificate's age.

Mary's birth witnesses appear to be Eliz Zell or Lell (but it might be cut off) and E Wightman. Family was living in St Martin Orgars
      Last edited by PhotoFamily; 05-06-13, 06:17.

Comment

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/16...l=ReturnRecord Wonder about this one. If your Ann Maria is the sister of George bap 1780, both addresses the same ie Blewitt's Buildings but on George's bap record mother is Elizabeth Lloyd. Maybe she is the Elizabeth Lloyd Sandiford. Transcribed on Ancestry as Elizabeth Lloyd only. Nothing conclusive though. Will look to see if she is a witness at any marriages of possible siblings of Ann Maria. Vera

Comment

Oh, dear - I should have looked yesterday - before my ancestry sub expired!

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
            http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/16...l=ReturnRecord Wonder about this one. If your Ann Maria is the sister of George bap 1780, both addresses the same ie Blewitt's Buildings but on George's bap record mother is Elizabeth Lloyd. Maybe she is the Elizabeth Lloyd Sandiford. Transcribed on Ancestry as Elizabeth Lloyd only. Nothing conclusive though. Will look to see if she is a witness at any marriages of possible siblings of Ann Maria. Vera
            Vera - I like it just as it is - Elizabeth Lloyd Sandiford married John Russell, and John & Elizabeth Lloyd Russell have son George. I think it stands on its own!

Thanks
            Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X