Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waltham Abbey / Cross parish records

Hi

Wondering if anyone has access to the parish records for Waltham Abbey / Wlatham Cross?

Looking for the following records
    1) Marriage of Charles Evennet to Mary ?. Belive this to be before Jan 1815, which is when their first child, Ann Matilda Evennett was born. Any one able to confirm the place / date and any entries for parents?

2) Birth of William Alexanader Evennett 1833 +/- 2years, son of William Evennett (Alternative place of birth is Pimlico / St George Hanover Square)

3) Birth of William Evennett abt 1818

Many thanks

D
    Last edited by dermotdjt; 03-06-13, 14:05.

There are parents Charles and Mary on the IGI with two children being baptised
    William Evenett bap 25 April 1813 Waltham-Abbey, Essex
    Thomas Evenett bap 3 February 1811 Waltham-Abbey, Essex
    Foxyloxy

Comment

Waltham Abbey maybe Essex, but Waltham Cross is Hertfordshire and will come under a different parish, so you should be careful about records from these two places, which are very much on the borders of Hertfordshire and Essex.

Janet

Comment

Also same parents James Bap 21 March 1819

BUT if this is the family you are asking about https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFFN-1R1
        that Charles is born c1818 or of course these could be 'same' family lines and it looks like there are several of them, another Charles bap in Waltham-Abbey, Essex on 19 Oct 1789, parents Thomas and Sarah
        Foxyloxy

Comment

The 1871 Census is the correct family but the wrong generation. The Charles in the 1871 census is the son (Baptised 12 Oct 1817, Waltham Abbey) of the Charles and Mary whose marrige I am trying to find in about 1813-1814.

I think there are a number of branches of the Evennett family around Wlatham Abbey at this time and I am try to find the links between them.

In a previopus thread of mine about William Alexander Evennett, a link was given for Alice Evennett for the 1871 census, missing from the family home at this time but possibly with a 'cousin' in West Ham. I'm trying to develop that family line to see if this was the correct Alice?

Comment

Foxy

Can you give me a link to the IGI records you mentioned in your first post. It could be what I am looking for!!

D

Comment

Originally posted by dermotdjt View Post
              Foxy

Can you give me a link to the IGI records you mentioned in your first post. It could be what I am looking for!!

D
              Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
              Foxyloxy

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                Waltham Abbey maybe Essex, but Waltham Cross is Hertfordshire and will come under a different parish, so you should be careful about records from these two places, which are very much on the borders of Hertfordshire and Essex.

Janet
                Hi
                Waltham Cross parish registers are on SEAX http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/EssexAnce...=W&selParish=2 but not Waltham Abbey.
                Moggie

Same scenario with the Essex Marriage Index. Waltham Cross is covered but not Waltham Abbey. Link to EMI, might be useful if the couple married in Essex.
                Last edited by maudarby; 03-06-13, 17:22.

Comment

Hi

Waltham abbey formerly waltham holy cross parish registers are now all combined under waltham cross, the majority of the abbey records are held in hertford but some are on seax

Waltham Abbey is my parish church and i would be happy to investigate its many memorials within to check your family names.
                  Lorraine

Comment

Working...
                  X