Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cresswell, Birmingham - help needed

Hi, I am trying to find anything about, E W B,
    'E' was born in 1925, at Kings Heath in Birmingham. Her parents were, Martha Florence & Arthur Cresswell. 'E' married A C B, in Kings Heath on 18 August 1953 - 'A' was at the time serving with the Royal Navy, but he came from Olton, Solihull. I believe they had at least one child, a daughter, but I won`t give a name in case I`m wrong, but this is all I can find out about her even after posting on several forums. I cannot find a death certificate, so I assume 'E' is still with us (I hope). Any help or advice greatfully appreciated, thanks. cresser.

I have removed the names of the people on this thread as they may still be alive, if you can confirm that they are in fact, deceased, then we can re-instate the names.

any person that can possibly help Cresser can do so via our PM system, to get the names of possible living people.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 03-06-13, 07:54.

Cresser,
    Welcome to the forum.
    You originally posted your query on one of our surname threads which are more suited for listing surname interests rather than for asking help with research. I've therefore moved it to a post of its own in our Family History Research forum.

However, one small problem - we do not allow the names of possible living people to be published openly on the forum so I am going to have to edit your post. If any of our members feel they can help they will contact you via PM (personal message) and you can fill them in with the full details.

If we find a death for the person you are interested in then the post can be re-edited and the information made public again.
    Elaine

Comment

oops.. seems we are doing the same thing Elaine..
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Don't worry Julie. I have sent a PM to Cresser to explain that the post has been moved and the reason for editing.
        Elaine

Comment

'k Elaine
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Here's the death for E's husband if you get that certificate it will give you some clues as to whther she was alive then and if the informant was the child then you will have an address for them.

Alfred Charles Burnett
            Birth Date: 21 Aug 1925
            Date of Registration: Jul 2004
            Age at Death: 78
            Registration District: Kent
            Inferred County: Kent
            Register Number: KDC3
            District and Subdistrict: 564/1C
            Entry number: 209

Comment

I see from an old post on another forum that you have already obtained the certificate Margaret has suggested, but you don't think it is the correct one because the informant was his widow, who was not E.

I did find an online obituary for the above death which shows the widow as C.... - and the only Burnett + C.... marriage I can find at the moment is one in April 1995 in Bournemouth - so I wonder if we are looking at a second marriage here for Alfred?

Obituary:
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                I see from an old post on another forum that you have already obtained the certificate Margaret has suggested, but you don't think it is the correct one because the informant was his widow, who was not E.

I did find an online obituary for the above death which shows the widow as C.... - and the only Burnett + C.... marriage I can find at the moment is one in April 1995 in Bournemouth - so I wonder if we are looking at a second marriage here for Alfred?

Obituary:
                http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk...urce=clse_sktk
                The name of one of the daughters reported would match with a birth in 1956 with mother's maiden name of Cresswell. I agree that there is a second marriage here - whther after a divorce or death is yet to be established.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  The name of one of the daughters reported would match with a birth in 1956 with mother's maiden name of Cresswell. I agree that there is a second marriage here - whether after a divorce or death is yet to be established.

Margaret
                  There is a current electoral roll entry for C* at an address in Kent so she is still alive.

Margaret
                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 03-06-13, 10:29.

Comment

Cresser - do you have E's birth certificate? If so what is her date of birth.
                    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, Regarding E`s Birth it was 26/11/1925.

Comment

Originally posted by cresser View Post
                        Hi Elaine, Regarding E`s Birth it was 26/11/1925.
                        Do you have the actual birth certificate for that?

You say E's parents are Martha Florence & Arthur Cresswell - it would appear that their marriage took place in 1925 and Martha's maiden name was Bridge.
                        However, I cannot see a birth registration for E which gives the MMN as Bridge. The one I am looking at in the 1st qtr of 1926 gives MMN as Harris.
                        If you have the certificate, what does it give for MMN?
                        Elaine

Comment

Hi and welcome

Can I ask if this family of yours goes back to Church Lench, Fladbury Abbots Lench areas of Worcestershire moving to Birmingham around 1875ish?
                          Foxyloxy

Comment

Hi Foxyloxy,

The Cresswell side of the family comes from Loxley in Warks, and before that, there was Cresswells/Crosswells, from Church Lench, moving into places like, Arrow, Salford Priors. Martha Florence was born in Dawley, Shropshire. Cheers, cresser.

Comment

Hello Elaine, You are correct on both scores. Martha Florence` former married name was Bridge, and her M/N was Harris. Cheers, cresser.

Comment

Working...
                              X