William Foulds Jr b.1882 Connecticut, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Foulds Jr b.1882 Connecticut, USA

I am having a few problems with this chap..

William Foulds Jr. s/o William Foulds & Caroline A. Straw

I know that he was B. 05 Feb 1882 in Connecticut, USA
    Death 30 May 1965 in Connecticut, USA.

Not a problem with that, he appears to have been married at least 3 times.

I have him and his wife/family in all census, also have his WWI + WWII info and Burial details of him & Ruth & Anita

Marriages of William Jr:

11 Apr 1907 to Ruth W. Wood [b.1882 conn, d. 1948 conn]

abt. 1948 to Anita Sherwood [b.1884 Maryland d. 22 may 1957 Connecticut, USA]

abt. 1957 to Mabel [I have no clue WHO]

it is Mabel I am having trouble with, I can find her in 1965 with William in the Directory in Manchester, Connecticut [and a few years previous to that too] but nothing else.. am I missing the obvious here?

sorry for waffling, just needed to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything!
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 31-05-13, 13:57.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

ooooooooooo

Florida Death Index, 1877-1998

Name: Mabel D Foulds
    Death Date: 8 Nov 1983
    County of Death: Palm Beach
    State of Death: Florida
    Age at Death: 85
    Race: White
    Birth Date: 22 Oct 1898

not sure how I can access this though, any ideas?

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
      ooooooooooo

Florida Death Index, 1877-1998

Name: Mabel D Foulds
      Death Date: 8 Nov 1983
      County of Death: Palm Beach
      State of Death: Florida
      Age at Death: 85
      Race: White
      Birth Date: 22 Oct 1898

not sure how I can access this though, any ideas?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...adeath&indiv=1
      nope scratch that!! I think this one lived in NY :(

back to square one!
      Julie

Comment

;D You are doing what I do......... writing it down and then doing it yourself

Sorry I am not familiar enough with US records to help....... do you think they could possibly not have married and just lived together maybe, in which case you will find no marriage
        Foxyloxy

Comment

Originally posted by foxyloxy View Post
          ;D You are doing what I do......... writing it down and then doing it yourself

Sorry I am not familiar enough with US records to help....... do you think they could possibly not have married and just lived together maybe, in which case you will find no marriage
          Hi Foxy... I have no idea, I guess it is possible, but with 2 marriages already under his belt I wouldn't think that he would be adverse to not getting married a 3rd time, [and there is the question that if he did marry again, that his widow - should he die before her, should inherit his house/money etc] if he died being a widow what would happen to the estate?
          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by foxyloxy View Post
            Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

have alot of records from all over the world... yesterday a member found a death certificate from Los Angeles that belonged to one of my married ins
            Julie

Comment

With it being the third marriage for William, and at quite a late stage in his life, I think it quite probable that Mabel may also have been married before. So, once you do find the surname under which she married, bear in mind that it might well NOT be her birth surname. (Alternatively, if previously divorced, rather than widowed, then it may have been her birth surname and a case of having to find an earlier marriage in order to trace her in census.) It took a friend ages to unravel a scenario where her rellie's spouse had been widowed in WW2, remarried and divorced and then finally married for a third time using her maiden surname.
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Was William and his his first wives all buried in the same cemetry ?

On cyndislist.com, under Connecticut Deaths and Burials, I found www.interment.net.

I wonder if it woth taking a look there ?

bcbrit
                George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Nothing coming up so far Julie.
                  Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                    With it being the third marriage for William, and at quite a late stage in his life, I think it quite probable that Mabel may also have been married before. So, once you do find the surname under which she married, bear in mind that it might well NOT be her birth surname. (Alternatively, if previously divorced, rather than widowed, then it may have been her birth surname and a case of having to find an earlier marriage in order to trace her in census.) It took a friend ages to unravel a scenario where her rellie's spouse had been widowed in WW2, remarried and divorced and then finally married for a third time using her maiden surname.
                    I guess she was, though I can find no trace of her after 1965 - when she appears with William in the street/business directory for Manchester, Conn.

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post

On cyndislist.com, under Connecticut Deaths and Burials, I found www.interment.net.

bcbrit
                    Hi BC,

from just checking now they were buried in different cemeteries:

Ruth W. Foulds - buried Buckland Cemetery, Manchester, Hartford.

Anita S. Foulds - buried poss - Druid Ridge Cemetery
                    Pikesville, Baltimore County, Maryland [this information was taken from a newspaper obit]
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post

bcbrit
                      have just looked at interment.net, and druids ridge is there but only about 75 entries, and she isn't listed on there.

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                      Nothing coming up so far Julie.
                      guess our luck is running out then Linda :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

Reading again about the Foulds family foundation, it started in 1984 by instruction of William Foulds will. According to a newspaper article, William Foulds died "about this time". We know he died in 1965, but I think it quite likely it was written for Mabel to have use of the money till she died, then start the Foundation. This could give a possible death for Mabel of around 1984.

What do you think?
                        Linda

Comment

well, I have found druid ridge on finda-grave but she isn't listed there either... praps she was cremated?
                          Julie

Comment

Reading again about the Foulds family foundation, it started in 1984 by instruction of William Foulds will. According to a newspaper article, William Foulds died "about this time". We know he died in 1965, but I think it quite likely it was written for Mabel to have use of the money till she died, then start the Foundation. This could give a possible death for Mabel of around 1984.

What do you think?
                            I have come across this Foulds Family Foundation before, but, I have no idea how, who or where it fits in!!.. but do agree that if they were quite wealthy [which I believe they were] then this could well be a pointer..
                            Julie

Comment

oooh hang on..

we have been over this before [but I forgot!!]

Julie

Comment

Have a read of this

http://articles.courant.com/1997-11-...-benefits-town
                                Linda

Comment

yes, I remember all that vaguely, but I think we were concentrating on William and not Mabel.
                                  Linda

Comment

yes, I remember all that vaguely, but I think we were concentrating on William and not Mabel.
                                    yep.. I have just re-read the thread, though it does help me to remember I think I will have to rattle off an email to one of the curators that has helped me in the past.
                                    Julie

Comment

Maybe an e-mail to the Courant might be able to give info - they must have an archive on people surely.
                                      Linda

Comment

Maybe an e-mail to the Courant might be able to give info - they must have an archive on people surely.
                                        mmm I know that they do have an 'archive' system that is PPV, but, if I can get the same info via googling etc.. for free then whats a girl to do?

I have just rattled off an email, so hopefully she might know who/what and why [or know a man that does] and get back to me, I think that Connecticut are about 5 hours behind us.
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X