X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown of Stepney

Hi -
    Need help finding the marriage of Thomas BROWN to Susannah:

They have at least two children born in Stepney, Margaret (1812) & Lydia Frances (1809)

Also, any guesses for the marriage of Margaret?

Also, Lydia Frances BROWN married in 1834 - John C CHAYTOR: - can anyone read the witness list? does anyone have access to the LICENSE information?

See any other children you feel belong to these Browns?

I'm interested in the ORIGINS of Thomas Brown.

Thanks!

Was his name John Clervaux Chaytor Esquire 30th jan 1834 at Saint Andrews,Lizzy

Comment

Looking at the witnesses to Lydia Frances Brown and John Clervaux Chaytor if this is the one you want, one of the witnesses name is her brother Thomas Drewett Brown so working backwards I look for a marriage of Thomas brown and Susannah Drewitt and bingo this is what came up Thomas Brown married Susannah Drewitt 20th March 1806 at Bath Abbey Bath UK. This family seem to keep family names, if this is also Lydias marriage there is a lot of info on her husband but not her.Lizzy

Comment

Thanks, Lizzy -
        I was wondering what his middle name was!

Sarah
        Last edited by PhotoFamily; 31-05-13, 02:35.

Comment

The witnesses on Lydia and John's marriage are Thomas brown, Thomas Drewitt Brown,Margaret ^ Brown {Looks like Margaret had a second name} Susan Brown Fred### Brown unreadable, Thos Warling thats about all I can read on this marriage witnesses Lizzy

Comment

Susan seems to have a first name, S*ette?

Fred's middle name seems to start Th*

Thanks again.

Comment

thomas brown, margaret anne brown, thomas drewett brown, simmonette susan brown, fredk wm brown, and thomas warding? warling?

Comment

I put into google search Thomas Drewett Brown, Stepney, london and a interesting subject about him its about his name change from Brown to Drewett due to him inherting a large estate, The London Gazette September 17,1867,Lizzy

Comment

Lizzy, you know your resources well.

But this confirms something I've been thinking for a while: these people have a lot more money than my ordinary lot.

I'll pass along this find to descendants.

Thanks again.

Kyle - yes, I think you've got the witness names. Strange first name for Susan - must be a family thing?

Comment

simmonette? french feminine for simon......maybe there is a simon somewhere or huguenot ancestry?

Comment

Working...
                    X