Thomas Harland b1875

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Harland b1875

I am struggling with Thomas George Harland born 1875, Tonbridge, to Thomas GWC Harland and Rosetta Prado Pye (or other combinations of similar names)

I have found him with his parents in 1881 and 1891 census, both in Kent. Then he disappears.

Please can anyone find more info.

Thank you
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Could it be that he used the name George Thomas Harland, which George was his second name and he married Amy Florance Brignall Bromley 1896, Amy was known as Florence. Lizzy

Comment

Anything is possible in this family. I will take a look at that. Thank you
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Not totally discounted yet but there are 2 George Thomas Harlands born one 1871 in Bromley and another 1874 in Dartford, so not sure about that marriage.
        Bubblebelle x

Comment

Harland Thomas 57ys Croydon 2a 270
          The only death I could find is this one in Kent but would make him born 1843, so it is not the one you are looking for.

Do you 'know' he was alive after 1891? Could he have joined the military and been posted eleswhere, immigrated, or could he have been using his middle name?
          The only one I can find born in Kent in the 1901 of around the right age is this one who is a lodger living in the Brentford area
          Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
          Foxyloxy

Comment

Thank you foxylady. I believe that is the father's death.

I have been looking at that one in Chiselhurst, he is there in 1911 with wife Florence, so that looks like the marriage for George Thomas Lizzy found, but I'm not sure that it is Thomas George.

I am afraid I know nothing about this family, I have only just discovered that this family is related to my Great Grandfather, who I have only just discovered he is a Pye and not the surname used later in life and my family surname (very long story). Thomas was his nephew.

I couldn't find anything in Ancestry military records.

Other family members emigrated etc so it is possible he could show up anywhere, and changes in surname is not as uncommon as I would have believed.
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

Well he/they didn't skip off to Ireland as I have checked the 1901 Irish census ( just in case)........... so that is one off your list
              Foxyloxy

Comment

Thank you.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

I don't have ancestry but ( don't know why) found this child in Chiselhurst "Ruth A F Harland grandaughter" clutching at straws, but could the A F be Amy Florance BUT she is 10 years old
                  Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Someone with ancestry could possibly look and see who she is living with and if there is any 'relevant' others in the household
                  Foxyloxy

Comment

I have Ancestry. I have not come across a Ruth (yet). I will look, thank you again

No not related Grandparents William and Isabella Harland, parents Alfred William and Harriet,
                    Last edited by bubblebelle; 30-05-13, 11:08. Reason: addition
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

Ah well.............
                      Foxyloxy

Comment

Thank you though, it is broadening my outlook. I think the George Thomas (marriage) will link into this family too.
                        Bubblebelle x

Comment

I completely agree with you.......there are many of my ancestors who I couldn't find and just writing all the information down and asking for others help who then come from a different perspective and ask questions you don't ask yourself I have often found them.
                          I think we all get too precious sometimes with 'our own' and it can be hard then to see the 'wood for the trees'
                          Foxyloxy

Comment

Working...
                          X