PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded Smiths!

cresser
27-05-13, 09:15
Hi all,
I am trying to find out anything concerning a Gerard Smith,b c1922 at West Derby. Gerard had two siblings, both sisters: Dorothy, b c1926 at W/Derby(my Aunt), and Elizabeth, b c1929 at W/Derby. Their parents were James Joseph Smith and Dorothy Constance Lunt.
Dorothy, my aunt, married a Leslie Alec Cresswell, at Wallasey Register Office, in 1946. She later moved to Birmingham and died in 2003 in Redditch Worcestershire. But it`s Gerard Smith I would like to find out about. I know nothing at all as yet. His sister Elizabeth, I know was known as `Betty`, but that was quite common for that name.
So anything at all greatly appreciated, although with a surname like Smith, it is asking a lot!
Cheers all, cresser:good:

margaretmarch
27-05-13, 10:08
Hi Cresser and welcome to the forum.

First off though - are all these people deceased? if not you are not allowed to name them here - simply use initials and helpers can have the full details by private message.

In the meantime what exactly do you want to know about Gerard?

Margaret

margaretmarch
27-05-13, 10:21
Oh dear! could this be his death? his birth was registered in the June quarter of 1922

Gerard Smith
Birth Date: abt 1922
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1922
Age at Death: 0
Registration District: West Derby
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 356

cresser
27-05-13, 11:15
Hi Margaret, Sorry, I did intend to say that all are now deceased. The death registration looks as if it could be the person I`m after, the birth registration is the one that I have. I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to get hold of the certificate. I don`t recall my aunt `Dot` saying anything about him - or her sister to be honest, and now there is no-one to ask, except the good people of this forum!!!!, so in answer to your question, `What I want to know about Gerard`, would be - anything!!.
Thankyou Margaret, I appreciate you taking the time to search this out. Cheers. cresser.

margaretmarch
27-05-13, 12:38
Hi Margaret, Sorry, I did intend to say that all are now deceased. The death registration looks as if it could be the person I`m after, the birth registration is the one that I have. I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to get hold of the certificate. I don`t recall my aunt `Dot` saying anything about him - or her sister to be honest, and now there is no-one to ask, except the good people of this forum!!!!, so in answer to your question, `What I want to know about Gerard`, would be - anything!!.
Thankyou Margaret, I appreciate you taking the time to search this out. Cheers. cresser.

Yes, I think you need to get the certificate to be sure but I have a feeling it's him.

For Elizabeth how about this death

Elizabeth J Smith
Birth Date: abt 1929
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1932
Age at Death: 3
Registration District: West Derby
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 616

I know her birth reg doesn't give a middle initial but given you have no other information and the name is quite common then I think that's another cert that might be worthwhile getting.

Margaret