Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaded Smiths!

Hi all,
    I am trying to find out anything concerning a Gerard Smith,b c1922 at West Derby. Gerard had two siblings, both sisters: Dorothy, b c1926 at W/Derby(my Aunt), and Elizabeth, b c1929 at W/Derby. Their parents were James Joseph Smith and Dorothy Constance Lunt.
    Dorothy, my aunt, married a Leslie Alec Cresswell, at Wallasey Register Office, in 1946. She later moved to Birmingham and died in 2003 in Redditch Worcestershire. But it`s Gerard Smith I would like to find out about. I know nothing at all as yet. His sister Elizabeth, I know was known as `Betty`, but that was quite common for that name.
    So anything at all greatly appreciated, although with a surname like Smith, it is asking a lot!
    Cheers all, cresser

Hi Cresser and welcome to the forum.

First off though - are all these people deceased? if not you are not allowed to name them here - simply use initials and helpers can have the full details by private message.

In the meantime what exactly do you want to know about Gerard?

Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 27-05-13, 10:12.

Comment

Oh dear! could this be his death? his birth was registered in the June quarter of 1922

Gerard Smith
      Birth Date: abt 1922
      Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1922
      Age at Death: 0
      Registration District: West Derby
      Inferred County: Lancashire
      Volume: 8b
      Page: 356
      Last edited by margaretmarch; 27-05-13, 10:30.

Comment

Hi Margaret, Sorry, I did intend to say that all are now deceased. The death registration looks as if it could be the person I`m after, the birth registration is the one that I have. I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to get hold of the certificate. I don`t recall my aunt `Dot` saying anything about him - or her sister to be honest, and now there is no-one to ask, except the good people of this forum!!!!, so in answer to your question, `What I want to know about Gerard`, would be - anything!!.
        Thankyou Margaret, I appreciate you taking the time to search this out. Cheers. cresser.

Comment

Originally posted by cresser View Post
          Hi Margaret, Sorry, I did intend to say that all are now deceased. The death registration looks as if it could be the person I`m after, the birth registration is the one that I have. I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to get hold of the certificate. I don`t recall my aunt `Dot` saying anything about him - or her sister to be honest, and now there is no-one to ask, except the good people of this forum!!!!, so in answer to your question, `What I want to know about Gerard`, would be - anything!!.
          Thankyou Margaret, I appreciate you taking the time to search this out. Cheers. cresser.
          Yes, I think you need to get the certificate to be sure but I have a feeling it's him.

For Elizabeth how about this death

Elizabeth J Smith
          Birth Date: abt 1929
          Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1932
          Age at Death: 3
          Registration District: West Derby
          Inferred County: Lancashire
          Volume: 8b
          Page: 616

I know her birth reg doesn't give a middle initial but given you have no other information and the name is quite common then I think that's another cert that might be worthwhile getting.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X