Forces War Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forces War Records

Good Morning everyone, has anyone who has an account with them heard from Forces War Records today?

I've received a new email from them:

Forces War Records is pleased to announce that we are now able to offer a range of official military replacement medals from World War I and World War II.
    This link will show you what is available: http://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/.../DisplayMedals

Enjoy.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Not sure if it is 'just' me or my computer but the link is not opening
    Foxyloxy

Comment

yeah it took me a while as well and I use 2 different browsers, I think that so many people are on the site hoping to get a medal certificate.

Comment

A couple of other sites for anyone looking to purchase duplicate/replacement medals or medal ribbons:

British and Foreign medals of the world also Ribbons and British miniatures

.. always worth comparing prices!

If anyone knows of any others, then let me know and I'll find a slot for them in the reference library, if they are not already listed.
        Elaine

Comment

err Ebay also does them, randomly throwing this in here.

Comment

Originally posted by foxyloxy View Post
            Not sure if it is 'just' me or my computer but the link is not opening
            Yep your right it opens now:o
            Foxyloxy

Comment

Just used Worcester Medals at Bromsgrove to have family medals cleaned, re-ribboned and mounted for wearing.

http://www.worcmedals.com/shop.php

When I looked some time ago I found this company was the most reasonable.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I've found this link: http://www.veterans-uk.info/medals/claiming.html

If you read then 2nd and 3rd paragraphs I think that explains why Granddad and his brother Thomas never claimed their own medals.

Comment

If they were never issued the recipients can get them for free I believe.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I remember my Dad claiming his WW2 medals after the procedure was advertised in the daily papers and my Mum telling him he should apply for them - 1950 or year or two later. I remember them coming through the post. I still have them, in their original wrappings, in the little buff cardboard box. I shall leave them to the RAMC museum, along with a box of photos and other memorabilia.
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I've looked at the form and it does look a little complicated to work out. Mum isn't the oldest, the 1953 one is and I couldn't work the rest out in order to find something like Fifth Youngest Grandchild or Youngest Child etc hehe.. Plus how do I prove that we are Kin? Do I add Mum's Marriage cert (Modern, bought in roughly 2005) and my birth Cert? That's not counting having to buy a death cert for him (Mum did admit yesterday that if she had the money she would buy the army records, at least this is close) plus I only know that Granddad was in the Home Guard, not his numbers.

I think his brother Thomas was in the DLI as Mum admitted yesterday that Granddad used to have a photo of him taken in Egypt in Uniform, although I have yet to see anything that proves this information.

Edited: It's not Thomas, it was the eldest Daughter's Husband and I have seen the picture myself, I'll try my hardest to find it.
                      Last edited by lennon2011; 27-05-13, 12:04. Reason: Misinformation

Comment

Working...
                      X