Adam Wynn WALKER-Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Wynn WALKER-Australia

I am trying to trace Adam Wynn WALKER who disappears from English records after 1901.
    I have discovered a person with this name on
    Australia Electoral Rolls 1903-1980 on Ancestry.
    Unfortunately I do not have world wide cover.
    Could some kind soul look up for me the relevant entries.
    thanks Holcan

Good morning ...do you have a year of birth and place of birth for him and also any census results ??
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Morning.
      He was born 1891 Harpurhey, Manchester Sep Q.
      He is in 1901 Census with Grandfather George Walker as Adam Walker.
      Cannot find his baptism either
      Holcan

Comment

OK cheers
        www.lancashirebmd.org.uk has his birth registered in Blackley ,Manchester - does Blackley cover Harpurhey ??
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

He has 10 entries covering the years 1930 - 1958 in a couple of different suburbs of inner western Sydney - he is shown as a blacksmith on all of them
          At the same address on the earlier ones is an Elizabeth Emma Walker - home duties

His death was registered in 1961 in the district of Auburn - his father's given names were recorded as Adam Wynn - his mother's as Elizabeth

Hope this helps

Comment

I am a sticky beak - my grandparents also lived in Auburn, so I checked to see if they lived near the Walkers.

The Electoral Rolls show that Adam Wynn Walker lived in Gifford St Auburn North, which is some way from my grandparents house, but only about 5 minutes across the Parramatta River from me - I drive past it every week ! Sadly, its all an industrial area now, although some of the other addresses might still be there.

Ancestry show Adam married Elizabeth Emma Cotterell at Randwick NSW in 1915 and they had a son Frederick Wynn Walker, who also lived in Auburn North and died in 1982, and another son Harold T who died in 1922 at Annandale (as close to marriage, would guess he died as an infant or young child). Frederick Wynn Walker married Joy Beryl Bray at Auburn in 1943.

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

He looks to have married Elizabeth E Cottrell in Randwick district (Sydney) in 1915

There was at least one child - Frederick Wynn Walker - from his WW2 nominal roll record - he was born 23 Jul 1918 in Flemington

Enlisted in the Australian Army - 16 Jan 1940 at Auburn when living in North Lidcombe - nok was shown as Adam Walker - discharged 14 Dec 1945

Comment

The only Manchester marriage I can find for Adam Walker and an Elizabeth is 1871 ...20 years before Adam Wynn Walker was born
                1871 at Manchester Cathedral - Adam Walker to Elizabeth Turner ........that`s IF his parents married in Manchester ...3 other possible on www.freebmd.org.uk - but not in Lancashire .......

Comment

There is a 19 year old Adam Walker - shown as a miner - travelled to Sydney on the WAKOOL - from London 6th December 1910 - could fit??

Comment

Sorry for delay in responding.
                    Thank you ALL for the information especially his life in Australia.
                    The only thing that still concerns me is have I got the correct person.
                    Does any of the Australian information give his country of birth?
                    Sorry to be a pain but the answer to this would really help me.

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                      OK cheers
                      www.lancashirebmd.org.uk has his birth registered in Blackley ,Manchester - does Blackley cover Harpurhey ??
                      Yes Blackley covers Harpurhey

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                        The only Manchester marriage I can find for Adam Walker and an Elizabeth is 1871 ...20 years before Adam Wynn Walker was born
                        1871 at Manchester Cathedral - Adam Walker to Elizabeth Turner ........that`s IF his parents married in Manchester ...3 other possible on www.freebmd.org.uk - but not in Lancashire .......
                        George Walker Adams Grandfather did not have a on called Adam, so do not think this marriage fits. Looks like Adam married in Australia.
                        I think I will have to buy Birth Cert. to prove his parentage.

Comment

So have I got this right Adam was with his mother Elizabeth in the 1901 Census living with his grandfather George Walker a Haycutter. So George was born Blackley as was Elizabeth. George is a widow and Elizabeth is single.Lizzy

Comment

The birth cert as you say should give the names of his parents - you can get a transcription of the NSW death cert - which should give his place of birth and length of time in NSW along with more info than on English certs - but of course this is only as accurate as the information available to the person who was the informant

This link - http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHist...calRecords.htmlists transcription agents and their web sites should all let you know what information to expect on a certificate if you go this way

Comment

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=82263112&

Just in case you haven't seen this. The cemetery do a deceased enquiry service which you can subscribe to free. May give some more info.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by liz hutchison View Post
                                So have I got this right Adam was with his mother Elizabeth in the 1901 Census living with his grandfather George Walker a Haycutter. So George was born Blackley as was Elizabeth. George is a widow and Elizabeth is single.Lizzy
                                Hi Liz
                                The 1901 Census shows
                                George Walker Widower
                                Elizabeth Walker Daughter-Single
                                Adam Walker Grandson.

What it does NOT say is that Adam is Elizabeth's Son

Holcan

Comment

Originally posted by SueNSW View Post
                                  The birth cert as you say should give the names of his parents - you can get a transcription of the NSW death cert - which should give his place of birth and length of time in NSW along with more info than on English certs - but of course this is only as accurate as the information available to the person who was the informant

This link - http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHist...calRecords.htmlists transcription agents and their web sites should all let you know what information to expect on a certificate if you go this way
                                  Thanks for this link

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=82263112&

Just in case you haven't seen this. The cemetery do a deceased enquiry service which you can subscribe to free. May give some more info.

Vera
                                    Thanks-excellent-I shall contact

Comment

Looking at the 1901 Census it says Adam Walker born 1891 mothers name Elizabeth Walker, on his Death Rego NSW it says mother Elizabeth, so from that I would believe that he is Elizabeths son, lizzy

Comment

Originally posted by liz hutchison View Post
                                        Looking at the 1901 Census it says Adam Walker born 1891 mothers name Elizabeth Walker, on his Death Rego NSW it says mother Elizabeth, so from that I would believe that he is Elizabeths son, lizzy
                                        1901 Census image does NOT say Adams mother is Elizabeth. Just that she was Georges daughter and Adam was his Grandson

Comment

Working...
                                        X