Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is he in 1871 and 1881 ???

Walter Whitwell JONES born 3 Aug 1867 Brixton ,Birth registered in Lambeth

Parents William JONES born abt 1831 and Rebecca E JONES born abt 1847 both born in Lancashire Liverpool

Here in 1891

Thanks

Not having much luck :(
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

It looks as though have given him an alternative name of Walter W Davidson for some reason Val. I can't see who though! Must be the new viewer that doesn't show it?
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The ages are all to pot, as is everything else, but what about this family? http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/75...l=ReturnRecord ETA 1881 Clapham
        Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 24-05-13, 21:43.
        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Hi Val
          Well in the 1881 we have William Jones and Rebecca Emily Jones living at 10 Albion Road, Clapham Surrey, but born in Liverpool/Lancashire - meanwhile there is a William W Jones, the right age, living at 52 Luther St, Everton, but it says step son, living with Nichol family (could be a mistake!)
          Good luck,
          Rachel

Comment

Val, do you know the significance of the suggested name of Davidson?
            Elaine

Comment

Hi Val,

1871 Census RG1 10 Piece 3812 Folio 83 Page 86

Walter Whitewell age 3 , b London
              with parents William and Rebecca E. Jones
              Everton, Lancs

Also shown Jessie Jones age 1, and William C Jones age 13.

Look as as if he was Rebecca's son before her marriage to William.

bcbrit
              Last edited by bcbrit; 24-05-13, 21:48.
              George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

oh you are a brilliant lot thanks very much I did wonder about William being Rebeccas first Husband ? but hadn't got that far , not sure what the Davidson link is yet ?

Comment

The marriage looks possibly like Rebecca Emily Balding though in March 1867 Lambeth 1d 333.

Comment

I think you can ignore the Davidson. I think they have made a mistake as the woman living in the house below is Davidson.

Comment

Well Rebecca Balding fits with brother in law George Balding living with them in 1881
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

There is definitely something odd about this one though. There is a birth that fits of Walter Whitwell Jones? In 1871 there is a feint letter or something after Whitwell, I wonder if it's supposed to be a ditto? Why do we think she was married before? Though I can't find a birth for her under Balding.

Comment

I am going through them now Chrissie so dont worry if I dont sort it I shall ask again thanks everyone

Comment

The reason why I looked under Whitwell and variations was because I wondered if he was born illigitimately to Rebecca and she had put his fathers name down.

I have a relly who was was born as say Mary Smith Jones, but was living with her mother Jane Smith in one census as Mary Smith, and in the next census as Mary Jones. Her mother Jane had married Mary's father in between censuses. After that she was Mary Jones until she married.

bcbrit
                            George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I found a Rebecca Balding born 1847 Liverpool in 1861, living as niece but still can't find a birth, or her in 1851.

Comment

thanks again, dont know where you found her in 1861 ?? I cant on FMP, I'm off to look on Ancestry .

Comment

Wondering if the Rebecca I have found immagrated to canada 1912 and died in 1913 Owlseye, alberta, Canada, Lizzy

Comment

I was thinking about this one as a possibility Val? -

Comment

Have we got the marriage cert for the Rebecca Emily Balding to William Jones (Widower)? As this is it -

Also, I am just parking this here before I lose it because I have to log off in a few minutes. Just in case it has any significance but please ignore it. Because I couldn't find a birth for Rebecca Balding I looked for a Rebecca E Anything birth 1846 to 1848 in Lancaster. This is where, in 1881, both she (now Jones and George Balding (brother in law) say they were born. I found a birth for a Rebecca Ellen Hayton in June 1846 in Lancaster ref 21 599. I then found her marriage in Lancaster in Dec 1881 with a possible spouse as Thomas Whiteside. I had previously found a census for Whiteside when I was looking for Whitwell but have lost it now. So am wondering if we could be mixing two families?
                                      Probably not - as I said PLEASE IGNORE this waffle as I'm rushing.

Comment

Working...
                                      X