Probate not to Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate not to Wife

Can somebody tell me if it says probate to ***** does that mean the wife is not inheriting? I m trying to find a death but the ones which could be her is a lot later than he died ? I would have thought if she was still alive it would have been to her, or am I misunderstanding Probate?
    Thanks

not sure on this but i think probate is given to the executors who may or may not be inheriting so maybe that is why the wife isnt named.
    Angelina

Comment

I think Angelina is right Val and in years past it was usually a male, either a relative or solicitor or similar who was names as executor. Sometime they name the wife as well but even if they don't it doesn't mean that she won't inherit anything.
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-05-13, 18:57.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

blast , thanks everyone was hoping to narrow down her death, most of mine seem to leave the Probate to their other half so was surprised to see that.

Comment

Oh, just had a thought Val. Doesn't it say widower after his name? It usually does when they are.

Comment

thats a thought maybe she did die before him ? no it does not say widower , shall investigate further thanks

Comment

Well if it doesn't say widower she is more likely to be alive Do you need any help searching?

Comment

thanks for offering, but I really would like help with finding him in 1871 and 1881 if you are free?

Comment

Oops sorry, yes, only just read your reply. I should be around for at least half an hour.
                  p.s. You are going to give me his name aren't you? lol
                  Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 24-05-13, 20:20.

Comment

Ahhhhhh sorry, I assume it's the one on the other thread? Off to have a look

Comment

thanks again Chrissie

Comment

Working...
                      X